Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

south carolinian

It's official.

As of March 23rd, 2015 I will be a resident of South Carolina.

I am still in shock that this is happening so quickly but at the same time I keep thinking to myself that it maybe better that I am ripping the band-aid.

There is so much to do and so little time to do it in, I am making lists out the wazoo and still crying every once in a while.

It hits me in waves.

I think about the warm weather, the beach, having weekends/holidays off and obtaining this goal that I set for myself and I am no cloud nine.

then it hits me that in a few weeks I will probably never step foot in my first home again, the home that we brought Sarah home too, where she learned to crawl and learned to walk. That I won't be staying at home with her anymore, that I can honestly say that I have no idea when we will be a family of three under one roof again, that she may not "remember" Matthew when she does see him.

Before my interview I found myself alone, at my dad's house, sitting in the quiet and profoundly drawn to scripture. I was surprised myself because I am not that person.

I prayed for a calm heart and a steady voice, to find the right words and for calm of my nerves

I found this:

 I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

I wrote it on a piece of paper so I could read it.

I repeated to myself as the all came in.

Never have I found truer words to be spoken.

I have this hanging in my bathroom so I can read it every morning, noon and it is the last thing I see before I go to sleep.

This is happening for a reason, and it may not be clear yet, but I know it is in his plan for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment