Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

a week later....

Last Friday the love of my life made the 9 1/2 hour drive to become an Ohioan and boy did Ohio give him a welcome. I will say that I never recommend moving in freezing rain, really don't try it.
We got everything in and we started nesting, got everything put away in its place.

It is hard to leave him during the day because I am in the mind set that our time is limited, that I am going to regret every moment that I am not with him (I know it sounds stalker-ish). It is a hard routine to break, when you have been doing it for 5 years.

I think that it is getting easier for Matt to be here. His dad was not taking this move well and instead of being upset but understanding, he was just plain rude and mean to him. Leaving on that note and with his Grandma being in the hospital I think he felt guilty for wanting to leave and for the actual act of leaving. He said that it is weird to think that I am a 5 min drive away, and I agree. It is hard to wrap your head around it when you have been wanting it for so long. It is one of those feelings of, "Ok, now what do I do?"

We are very much settling in to an everyday, I am not saying that everyday spent with your love shouldn't be special. But when you only get a few days here and there you tend to always make it romantic, special whatever you want to call it. I like the everyday, that will just make the special more special and the romantic more romantic.


I have pictures of Matt playing with Dot out in the snow, I will post later.


Wedding update.

Picked a florist
Have the name of a Pastor
Have consult with Photographer next week
Scheduled a consult with Make up artist
Signed with the ceremony and reception venue

still to do this month:
Engagement pics
Save the dates
Look for a DJ

All and all I will have to say that I feel like I am getting married in 9 months.

it is late and I am sleepy so pics soon and hopefully more good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment