Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

So I lied...

Ok, Ok, Ok I know that I said I found "The" dress and I even posted pictures. I looked at those pictures a lot and yes I could not deny that the dress was beautiful but the more and more I looked at it i was thinking I don't think this is me. I was all swept up in the OMG I am getting married, that I saw the most beautiful princess dress and wanted it, the whole princess thing, big dress, tiara, all blinged out.

My wedding is slowly coming together and all this time I was saying " I still don't know about the dress." I was talking to some of my girls about it and I would say " I am having a garden wedding and I wanted it to be more country club casual not black tie." Everyone would say, if the dress is "the dress" it doesn't matter. I was getting frustrated because I didn't fee like people were understanding me. Then I thought about what I was saying and then it clicked. It isn't my wedding I should be worried about, which is what the girls were saying but what I was trying to say is. I am a casual person. I have always said that I didn't want a princess dress, I didn't want big, poofy with bling. So then the hunt began.

I finally decided that it was true, I had gotten caught up in the moment, and there was a dress that I have liked for about 2 years and I knew that if I didn't see this dress I really couldn't call my search for the one complete. So then the came the calling, store after store, between my mom and I think we called 12 stores. Then one store had it, in a size 8, not much I can do with that but at least I can see it. I made the appointment and we were on our way to Cincinnati, Ohio.

So we arrive at Kotsovos and I run through the process of looking through dresses and picking through the racks to find some to try on. They said that they had the dress picked and in the back so I try some on and the last one on the hanger is the dress. I look at it and smile, I get it out of the bag and there it stands, the dress I have been looking at for 2 years. It is gorgeous, even more so than the pic on the internet. I can't get the smile off my face but decided to go to Bridal and Formal and look around, we get there and the only word to describe it is OVERWHELMING!!!! There were so many brides, and the brides posse. It was hard to move in and out of the jam packed aisles but my mom, my girls and I were picking dresses out and what do I find. The same dress, which I had called earlier on and they said they didn't have it.

I grab it immediately and run it to my designated number and wait until I am called. After walking around for awhile they call me and we go back. It was the last dress I tried on, I was kind of avoiding it, afraid I wouldn't like it because it was a size 14 and I am not. So the time comes. Crystal and Julie go and get the dress and bing it in, they slip it on me and it actually fits. I mean not fits, fits but I can still get an idea of what it will look like and I just smile. I have the biggest smile on my face and I am happy. I can see this dress hanging on the hanger on my wedding day, I can see me walking down the aisle and looking good and just plain being happy.

So I put the down payment on it and it should be here earliest May Latest July.

Here it is!!!!


1 comment:

  1. It's so beautiful. I'm glad you found it and you can check that one giant thing off your list!

    ReplyDelete