Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 23, 2010

like we were dating.

Friday night hubs was in an uber good mood, no work this weekend = happy hour for husband.

Only the happy hour consisted of our house, Barcardi Strawberry Daiquiri mix, and some pulled pork bbq sandwiches. I wasn't in the mood and I told him to not let that get him down, it wasn't a faux pas because at least I was drinking chocolate milk with him so he really wasn't drinking alone. Needless to say he got just a smidgen carried away.

The rest of the night was pretty much me laughing like a hyena at him, oh yeah, and me threatening his life for almost putting his bbq covered hands on the couch for balance.

Then the night took an interesting turn...

Hubs: (insert drunken slur) "I have to go to the bathroom"

Me: "OK"

Hubs disappears upstairs, and I try to like the movie the Bounty Hunter....

20 min go by and it dawns on me that 1. my husband hasn't come downstairs yet and 2. it is quiet.... like too quiet.


at the top of the stairs Me: " Is that the shower?"


At the bathroom door Hubs: (muffled and incoherent singing)


I walk in to a wall of steam as I open our bathroom door and pull back the shower curtain to see my husband in his birthday suit sitting in the shower...


This was just the beginning of a night full of shenanigans from this fellow.


I will say after he paid a visit to the porcelain God and sobered up a bit we stayed up talked, watched tv, and just cuddled in bed for a good portion of the night. It was like we were dating again.


We kinda hit a funk the last few weeks and we were seriously lacking any form of intimacy. We were very much that scene from knocked up where Paul Rudd asks Leslie Mann if they are going to fool around and she grunts and says she is really constipated and she says with little enthusiasm. "I mean if you want to."


That night though, we reconnected. We talked about little stupid things that were an amazing breath of fresh air from the same old "Omg we are married what are we going to do with the rest of our lives" talk.

It was fun to go back to that place, that un complicated, fun place. It was very reminiscent of probably one of our favorite memories from our early years of courtship. It was a late night picnic on a hotel room floor where we really talked about "our future." It was the point where we realized we wanted to be together for always.

This reconnection couldn't have come at a better time with only a little over a week until our one year wedding anniversary.

We are both so baffled by this, because it just seems moments ago that we were hold champagne glasses toasting our union with friends and family.

The details of our one year is being held under tright wrap by the Hubs. I told him I really wanted to be surprised.

Now, my job is to find him an amwesome gift. I know the first year is paper.... anny ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Love coupons! You know like "This coupon entitles you to one back rub" They can be as clean or raunchy as you like. That covers your paper and is way cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you guys got to reconnect.....sometimes those little moments make all th difference

    ReplyDelete