Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 18, 2010

I love lamp.

I know 2 posts in one day.

I need some advice.

When Hubs Grandma passed away we got a bunch of furniture. Including some lamps that kept getting more and more expensive every time we were told about them. Now because they kept getting more and more expensive we were expecting these huge elaborate lamps. When we got them they are heavy, but very plain brass lamps (that have no shades). I really want to paint them, we have absolutely nothing brass in our house and already have an oil rubbed bronze thing going on.These lamps have no sentimental value whatsoever, other than the fact that they were hers. I mean they aren't antiques, she had redone her living room a few months prior to entering the hospital. But we were told we can't get rid of them or anything like that because of how "expensive" they were (I am not saying they didn't cost money, they were a set but we were told they were $400.00).

Should I paint or should they forever stay in the closet?

1 comment: