Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

27 Weeks


How far along? 27 Weeks, 13 to go.
 The baby is as big as: head of cauliflower 
 Maternity clothes? Yep
Stretch marks? nope
How I am feeling: I have been really irritable this week, to the point of low productivity at work and home. I don't know what it is about this week but people are absolutely terrible. At work it has to do with not getting all the information or direction and then being expected to just know that that is how it is done. I understand that they wanted someone who could manage themselves, but in learning a new system/way of doing things is it to much to ask to be shown at least once the correct way to do something? I need at least a little direction. The funny part it isn't even my department that is causing my head ache it is some of the other ones I have to deal with. At home I am just overwhelmed with the amount of stuff we need to get done/what we want to get done before the baby comes. We cut our want list down to a few things here and there but our to do list seems never ending. It just wears on me that husband and I are on completely different schedules and can't work together. 
Best moment this week?: Passing my glucose test! I was the most nervous about this out of everything else. I think it stems from the fact that I knew going in to this I was at a higher risk for GD because of my weight and the fact that there were a lot of naysayers out there that said just because I was overweight, I WAS going to get GD. IN YOUR FACE!!!!!  
Movement?: Still pretty active. She hasn't developed a pattern yet like all the books says she will. She pretty much has a dance party after I eat and then right as I am winding down for bed. Thankfully she doesn't keep me up at night with kicking... yet. I know it is just a matter of time. 
Food cravings?: Burgers.  For some reason I find myself watching  food shows a lot after work and for the first hour or so at home is the show Man Vs. Food... he eats a lot of burgers, which makes baby want a burger. 
Gender?:  GIRL!
Labor Signs?: nope. 
Belly Button in or out?:innie
What I miss: Not so much a miss but, God love my mom, She always wants to talk and touch my belly and I can't stand it.  I like my preggo shape and honestly my weight and body image is the last thing on my mind but when people, not necessarily touch, but poke and prod the one thing that for years I tried to hide and was so ashamed of I get really defensive.  So I guess I miss people not touching and talking to my biggest body  image problem. 
What I am looking forward to:  Getting our new floors, the people that flipped our house did a piss poor job and went really cheap on the floor installation in the kitchen. We noticed last winter, near the back door, that the tile was becoming loose, after further inspection we found that they just threw some glue down on the old tile and stuck the new over it. It wasn't secure and moisture from the dogs coming in and out was speeding up the process.We had to rip up half of the tile already because it simply just came unglued and would slide right out from underneath you if you weren't careful. 
Weekly Wisdom: If this is your first pregnancy, relish in the fact that this is your time to prepare for the biggest change in your life. Do it anyway you please and don't let anyone make you feel bad for how you choose to spend this time. I was having a particularly down day a couple weeks ago and husband and my mom told me to go lay down. They didn't have to tell me twice I did and they decided to make dinner. I was so thankful that they did that for me and I posted a little brag about them on my Facebook. My brother brought it up at Easter and pretty much laughed at me for thinking I needed any rest because I don't have a child already. Really? I thought I had a full time job just you and your wife, a house to maintain just like you and your wife. But I guess because I don't have a child already I should just be a ball of energy.... eff that. 
 Milestones: My third trimester is right around the corner! Where is this time going? I can't believe I am down to double digit days until I am someones mother. 90 DAYS PEOPLE!!!! 

1 comment: