Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Long weekend

My plans on going to Iowa this weekend were foiled, but I will get to see the family this coming weekend so not all is lost.

I decided to take the days off anyway. I needed some R & R and I needed to get stuff done.

On Friday, I had to wait until my mom got off of work to do anything so I had all day to do as I pleased. I decided to do something that I had been wanting to do... Lay out by the pool and soak in some sun. I was joined by the Fiance and my MOH, which was an awesome surprise!

After showering and cooling off a bit I went to Davids Bridal and I exchanged veils and dropped my shoes off to be dyed. I decided to go with a chapel length veil, it will match my train and is a beautiful addition to my wedding day look. My dress is super glamours, but isn't traditional so the touch of tradition with my plain veil is just right. It reminds me of the sound of music, when Maria get married... Oh I love it!!!!

My Dad got back from vacation on Friday and wanted to see my dress, so me and my dress made the drive to Grove City where she is to stay until I take it to Barbra's house for alterations. My dad didn't gush over it but he did say it was gorgeous and I looked gorgeous in it. I don't think it has hit him yet. After a little conversation we were standing around the island in the kitchen and he put his arm around me and said " My little girl is getting married." He is one not to think about things until he has too... which well be in a few short weeks.

Saturday I really didn't do much of anything, Matt had to work so I lounged around after rehearsal and tried to print off the Invites and the RSVP cards myself.... to bad the printer hates the invites. For some reason when the printer is printing the address on the bottom it looks like it is having a seizure. So I get the RSVP cards printed because it likes those I guess.

Sunday was fathers day and I had a nice time, we grilled out and Dad really liked his gift. I like spending time with my dad. It is a lot different now then it was 5 years ago, sometimes the old dad comes out. But I think with Dad I really have to focus on how are relationship is now and not then or in the future. If I think about the future he will let me down and if I look back it will be on how he has let me down. So as of June 23rd, 2009 we are doing great, tomorrow maybe a new day.

Monday, we grilled out... it was Matthews first try at burgers and it fell a little flat. He burned them a little ( a lot) but the brats were awesome! HE EVEN LIKED THEM!!! HA! Mom came over and joined us, she dog sat as we went to get our invites printed.

We go to Office Max and we check everything 2 times, spelling and everything. We pay for the job and luckily it is only $10.00 or so... We get in the car and Matt says "Oh Shit!" I slam on the breaks and he tells me his name is spelled wrong. Plain as day they spelled it Mathew....

I could write a book on mess-ups during the wedding planning process. So tonight we have to go buy 2 more boxes of invites and start all over again.... sigh.

This weekend the invites go out... God willing!

Wedding to do:
Get a wedding guest book
Get an aisle runner
Print, assemble and send out wedding invites

No comments:

Post a Comment