Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

68 days and counting... quickly!!!

Because my last wedding update was sooooo angry I decided something light hearted and more updatey was a must. Having a pitty party isn't as much fun as a real one anyway....

I needed sometime to cool down and just go with it.

A little update for you:

My DIY list is dwindling down so far, I have one or two more to do and that is it. Those things being...

The place cards. I decided to go with just cards and not lemons and limes... I already feel wasteful enough with the amount of produce I am using so I axed that one a while ago. I really can't do this DIY until the RSVP deadline date anyway so this can't be done until after August 3rd.

The Recipe bags. In the theme of feeling wasteful, I decided that I should remedy the situation and make bags with lemon and lime themed recipes attached so people can help ease my conscience. Just a little!

The Programs. The ones that were purchased are poo.. they are extremely to small and I am going to remedy that by purchasing card stock and making my own. I have bought a stamp that will of course pull everything together because lets face it, I am more crafty than I thought.

This next one wasn't on the list but was said in conversation and is too cute to pass on. So being as on the RSVP card the guests only get to choose the protein they would like to have, A chalkboard will be strategically placed by the place cards to tell them what comes with their Ginger Crusted Salmon or their Prime Rib. Thanks ERIN!!!!!!!!!

I still love my dress... and I miss it... lol. It is at my Dad's, I thought that would be better considering I would try it on everyday and me being me would do something to it.

My first dress was taffeta and could take some bumps and tugs, but THE dress is charmuse and can't, it will snag very easily. So now I am on the hunt for a aisle runner so I don't ruin my dress, or my veil... that will make a very weepy bride.

I am thinking the day of, of having a bridal brunch for the ladies. The boys get to have a lunch so we will be super fabulous and have a brunch with glorious food and of course mimosas . I am not sure if we should have it in the room or go out for breakfast... we will have a lot of time to waste before we have to get ready for wedding. I will have to look in to it.

I am very proud to say that the size too small bridal shower dress, with the help of spanx, does fit... just not in the chest. My body is odd. Every time I have weight loss I go up a cup size, if I gain weight I go down. Right now I am a DD or DDD depending on where you go and how comfortable I really want to be. So I bought a new dress and I think that it will be just as cute, if not cuter!! it is a black and white polka dot halter and I am going to get a pair of Pink Heels to go with it!

I am feeling a Pic update once I get everything!

Tootles!

1 comment:

  1. ETSY.com..... check for chalk boards and.... dang. something else.... Isle runner! thas it. go check.

    ReplyDelete