Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I am back Y'all.... crap, it rubbed off on me.

Well hello blog world!

How the heck are you!?!

Me, I am pretty good. Even though it is 1:16 in the a.m. and I am still awake... meh.

So Savannah was awesome. We did a lot in the 4 days we were there and honestly didn't have time to take a lot of pics, but I did get some so those will be uploaded later. I really don't want to wake hubs up to do it now... he would probably sneeze on me or something gross like that.

Anyway, prepare for a re-cap.

Thursday was our travel day and I looked freakin cute.... see cute.

We got along with no problems and were met at curbside pick up by L, Hubs' cousin, and made it to Grandmother's house. Ladies, this woman is so sweet you will get a tooth ache. She is the epitome of southern lady, you know sweet but with fiery side. We just talked and talked and then we got settled in for the night.

I was going to make this a separate post but I decided to add it in.

Then the bad news hit. I get a call from my mom... on Hubs phone. I knew right then and there that this wasn't good, I answer.

Me: Hello?
Mom: Where are you?
Me: the living room...
Mom: voice starts to shake, can you go in to another room?

I immediately know someone or something is dead. My mom doesn't cry and she was fighting it hard.

Me: walking out of the room, Mom what is wrong?
Mom: now crying, Toby is dead.
Me: WHAT!?!?!?!

Yeah so after I got my mom to calm down I got the whole story from her and we think he had a stroke or something. He was eating and drinking normally, greeted her at the door, fussed with dot and then went to his room to get away from her... like normal and my mom even checked in on him and he was fine. But some where between 7-10:30pm he passed away. She was going to bed and had put the dog in our bedroom so she could sit with him and let him have run of the house, but she opened the door and nothing. She talked to him and even pet him, because from what she said he looked like he was sleeping, then see saw his eyes and knew he was gone. I had to call my dad and have him come get him because we have no where to bury him.

It is just so weird because honest to goodness hubs and I had decided to keep Toby and were going to tell my brother when we got back, I mean I had even told my Dad on Wednesday, the day before we left, that he could stop trying to find Toby a home. He had become comfortable here, this was his home now and we were his people.

Not a stellar start to the trip.

Things got back on track though and nothing else died... thank all that is holy.

On Friday we went to River walk and it was gorgeous, hot and sticky but gorgeous. It was funny because hubs was so in his element, I mean this is where he belongs and I really saw that while we were walking the cobblestone roads.

On Saturday Hubs got his wish and got to go deep sea fishing with his uncle and left me behind. Not to worry, I hit the beach, and it was sooooooooo relaxing. I mean it was hot, but there was a cool ocean breeze, so I sat, reading my book sipping on vodka lemonade.

Sunday was church and our day on the boat. Hubs' uncle Pat took us out to his boat and we cruised the rivers. We saw dolphins at the beach and thought oh that was cool. But these dolphins were so close to the boat you could touch them. They kind of put in a show for us, the would go under water and then bob back out... it was the aquatic version of peek a boo. They were also mating so we got front row seats to dolphin porn.... yeah it sounds gross but it was oddly interesting to watch. We have video that I will be posting later on tonight. Yes, that is Hubs' Aunt J shouting TALLEY WHACKER!!!!! And yes my Hubs moved so he could get a shot of it.... don't judge.

We were soooooooooooo wiped out from 2 back to back days of fun in the sun, we hit the hay pretty early and then flew home this morning.

All and all I will have to give Savannah, Georgia two thumbs up. You get southern charm and beach bum all rolled in to one. How can you miss with that?

Oh p.s. I now know where Paula Dean lives and I also know that she likes to go smoke cigarettes and play the slots at a down town restaurant.... Ha!

Made me laugh.


  1. Ms. Dean could be smoking crack in a daycare center and I still wouldn't care as long as she kept feeding me treats laden with butter.

  2. Sounds like a fun trip besides the kitty dying. I've never been there but I heard it is beautiful..

    P.S. J-Bird's comment is hysterical!

  3. Aw poor Tobias.

    I'm glad you had a good time!