Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Life as I know it...

Hello Bloggies!

Sorry I have been a pretty lack luster blogger but life right now is pretty hectic. Next week is finals week, or as I like to think of it, the light at the end of the tunnel. This quarter was nothing like I expected and I can't wait for it to be over. I only have 2 finals, one of which is paper to be turned in, so I think I can handle it. After finals week I will be heading south to Savannah, Georgia. I am getting really excited because everyone I have spoken too has said it is awesome and it is hubs fav spot in the United States.

Ok, so I have a problem. I am not a shorts person, I never really was. Savannah isn't only hot it is friggin humid to boot. I think wiki called it a subtropical climate, so I am at a loss as what to do to not die of heat stroke while down there. I am a brat about being hot, I hate it I get super cranky and usually cry. I mean when I was in band it was a whole different story because I wasn't trying to be cute, I looked horrendous at band camp but you did what you had to do to stay cool. But how do you do that in a normal society? I mean how does one not sweat off their make up? Keep their hair from frizzing? Not get pit stains? Yeah I went there. Ladies, I need tips, if you have lived in a hot climate please share your knowledge. I think I got the clothing thing covered. I am not a shorts person so instead I opted for some cute sun dresses, can you believe hubs actually let me shop!?!?!?! I had to say "Beg your pardon" because I was in a state of shock. When I get said purchases I will give you lovely ladies a preview.

My house is in a state of disarray,I can't believe how fast hubs and I can messy it up. Hopefully once school is out of the way, and I am not a hot mess everyday of the week, we can get things back in order. I miss the feeling of walking in to a nice clean house... ahhhh day dreaming.

I hope to be back to my blogger self here after finals so while I have my nose to the grindstone I hope you all have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. When I lived in Florida to avoid pit stains I would wear a tank under my shirt and then just wait to get where I was going to put on my reg. shirt that way I wouldnt be all smelly pit mcnasty.

    ReplyDelete