Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hair

You know when you get a hair cut and your hair feels light and airy and you can't stop touching it?

No. I didn't get a hair cut. I know I am probably taking my hair denial the wrong way, but a pair of shears isn't touching my mane for a looooooooooong time.

My Bestie Crystal and sister Erin are part of this curly girl revolution, Crystal has super curly hair and Erin has straight hair but this system is working for her. Always willing to try new things I listened and am in the process of reading the Curly Girl book. It is all so foreign to me. Not wash my hair? Use a t-shirt to dry my hair? Put stuff in it like KY? I wasn't sure how my hair would react, I tried the ever pure (from Lorel, it is free of sulfates) line and it was horrible not only did it do nothing for my hair I smelled like a heap of rosemary and mint. I like my hair to have a hint of my shampoo, not for it to even over power my perfume.

So what to do.

My hair is stick straight, I mean it is so straight that I can't use curlers because my hair won't bend that way. I don't think I can emphasize the stick straightness of my hair enough, when I was getting married I used the same hair dresser that Crystal had at her wedding and she remembered my hair and kind of groaned when we met for a hair trial. You get the point.

Although I love having straight hair, I hate it at the same time. Because I can't really do anything with it. I wash and dry my hair.... that is about it. I can only really curl my hair in the fall, you know low heat and humidity but I have to shalack it to get it to stay semi wavy.

I also have fine hair too, a lot of it. All of my life I have been struggling with limp lifeless hair until I found something new. In talking about curly girl, Bestie brought up the name Giovinni, it is an organic hair care line, she told me to get the tea tree triple treat conditioner, after one whiff I couldn't do it. It smelled like a, well a tree and I had to put it down (sorry Crystal, I tried) but it had all the elements that Crystal told me I needed. So I went back and looked at the other kinds of shampoo they had. Then I came across Smooth as Silk. It had a light scent, and it had a free sample of their intense protein hair mask.... sold! I love freebies.

I go home and do what any self respecting girl would do at 1 am.... I took a shower.

I didn't do my usual hair routine, of air drying to the point of damp and then blow drying, I just went to bed soppy headed. Naturally, in the morning my hair was a mess but my hair was super soft, and shiny. I played with it to get it to look like a normal persons and threw it up in a pony tail because I don't have great second day hair. Later that morning, I was going to re-adjust my ponytail and when I took it down I noticed it was still shiny, still soft and didn't look dirty. I left it down for the rest of the day and didn't think twice about it. Ok, I thought twice about it because I couldn't stop playing with my hair. It felt so light and airy.

I am not sure if it is because I broke out of the norm and got a new shampoo or because I just discovered the greatest thing (for my hair) since sliced bread.

Go out, try it. Or just try something new today. You may be pleasantly surprised.

1 comment:

  1. My hair is thick and ultra curly so I have the exact opposite problem :)

    ReplyDelete