Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"Christmas is coming the goose is getting fat!"


That is a little Christmas diddy from the Muppets, I love the Muppet Christmas carols because they are always quirky. 

Dear readers, if you didn’t already know there are only 5 days (really 4 days 5hours 38 min) until Christmas, and my excitement level has reached an epic proportion. 

I wait for the holidays all FREAKING year and this year I was a little more impatient than in years past, this mainly due to the fact that we weren’t home last year for Christmas. Last year was an experience; it was my first Christmas without my old family and my first Christmas with my new one. I honestly didn’t think that I was going to make it through it because I always think the worst. I thought that I was going to be drowning in my own tears come Christmas morning but I had a wonderful time and actually felt like part of the G family. 

As much as I am anticipating Christmas day I am so dreading the holiday let down. I got a taste of it Monday morning, after Christmas # 1, the feeling of “it’s all over”  hit me and I when I got up the next morning I actually had to remind myself that we still had a week before Christmas, because I was already making a game plan to take the tree down. I think that is the saddest part, the deChristmasing of the house, all the trees out on the curb on trash day. The house looks so stakt after Christmas that is when the seasonal effectiveness disorder will start. 

Let’s leave all those feelings for December 26th shall we? Anyway, my Christmas cheer is so immense that I even took Friday off so I could relish in Christmas shenanigans all day, then as it turns out Husband has the day off too, I bribed him with baked goods to keep a smile on his face no matter how cheesy it gets. He complied, naturally. 

I haven’t had that kind of day yet, a Christmas binge if you will.  A day that is wholly spent held up in one’s house doing anything and everything Christmas, this day is going to be AMAZEBALLS!!!!
I plan on a Christmas music listening, hot chocolate drinking, Christmas gift wrapping, cooking baking, fudge making, Christmas movie watching, family picture taking, feast preparing, and game playing kind of day. 

I know you are sitting on pins and needles waiting to see my little Christmas home and I did take pictures. The problem is the pictures were rushed, in early morning and in to give it to you straight the pictures were just plain bad. I am not the best picture taker but I want to do my decorated home some justice. So I am breaking out the camera and the picture editor that is on my laptop.. That’s right, stuffs getting fancy.

I plan on doing Christmas themed posts all week, so stay tuned… like you are surprised.

1 comment: