Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Momma Drama

In the beginning of November I asked Husband repeatedly if we were going to go to his parents at all during the holidays. He said no every time I asked and I know I should have listened to the voice in my head and taken the time off anyway but he said that we weren't so I made alternate plans for the both of us.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago and all of sudden he decides he wants to go down to Alabama, I don't blame him but it was too late for me to ask for the time off because of course it is the few days before New Years Eve, and is already booked at  to work. So I told husband to go see his parents and I would stay home and keep with the plans that I had already made for New Years.


Now when Husband told his parents they thought it was because I didn't have the time to take off but he corrected them and said it was because " I had other plans".

Even on this end of the conversation that sounds wrong and mean.

This morning, he got a call from his mom asking again why I wasn't coming and he told her again that it wasn't because I didn't have the time and that I had plans.

After he gets out of the shower he gets another call, this time from his brother saying that my MIL called him in tears saying that I didn't like her and that I didn't like the family.

I was blind sided.

I knew I had insecurities about this issue because it seemed like such terrible thing adding another person to their family.

Anyway,  I freaked out because it was Husband telling me we weren't going in the first place and then changing his mind a little to late for me to get the time off is why I made alternate plans.

Husband didn't handle it well by only telling her that it was because I had plans.

He called her back and tried to explain it better that it was his fault.

Ladies, I don't know what to do, should I call her? Email her? I don't want her to be embarrassed that I know she cried to BIL and then to Husband.

Help?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...I would call her just to reassure her that it has nothing to do with you not liking the family but with not getting time off your job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would. If it was me I wouldn't believe it until you told me and really explained what was going on... You can never trust men to be adequately verbal. lol

    ReplyDelete