Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

You'll shoot your eye out kid...

Today I want to talk about the beloved Christmas movie, the ones that are only socially acceptable to play after Thanksgiving but before New Year, but we all know my get a guilty pleasure watching in mid-July. What? Only me?
So here it is my list of favorite Christmas movies!
Number 10:



The Ref
This is one of those black comedy Christmas movies that always has me laughing so hard tears run down my leg.

Number 9:


Little Women
I watch this movie all year but I love that Christmas is shown throughout the movie and the closeness of the family

Number 8:



Christmas vacation
This movie cracks me up “Merry Christmas, Shitters Full” Every time I see a Winnebago in a drive way I shout this. I like this movie because I can so desperately relate to Clark and his aspirations at having a wholesome family Christmas and it going totally awry.

Number 7:

The Santa Clause
I wish this movie would have come out when I was young enough to really appreciate it. My favorite thing is how they show Santa getting in to a house without a fireplace, this was cool because I didn’t have one and for my little mind I would have thought “well that explains it”.

Number 6:

The Grinch (both versions)
The cartoon version is classic, and I love the Grinch’s grin when he comes up with his evil plan. It took me awhile to like this movie because when I was little I hated how he treated Max and always felt sorry for him. The theatrical version with Jim Carrey because I love the back story of they give of the Grinch.

Number 5:



Elf
One word: SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTA!!!!!

Number 4:

Charlie Brown Christmas
The music is amazing and Linus is a man after my own heart with his blanket. I love his speech on the true meaning of Christmas. And who doesn’t dance around when they are Schroder is jamming in the auditorium?

Number 3:


White Christmas
I love everything about this movie, the singing, the dancing, the heart felt deed for a man in need.
Favorite song is Snow, Snow, Snow, SNOW!!!!
Number 2:


 Muppets Christmas Carol
This movie is watched on Christmas Eve because of the song “One more sleep till Christmas” this movie was funny when I was little and is still funny now that I am older. There is so many little humorous things that you don’t pick up on when your younger but find hilarious when you are older.

 Number 1:

A Christmas Story
This is the epitome of Christmas Eve for me, and is a story that we can all relate to. I watch the marathon on TBS every year. EVERY YEAR!!!! It is constantly on and is the soundtrack to my day. I love every aspect of this movie, the one Christmas present that you are coveting, the one you get that is the most horrific gift you have  ever seen, your crazy dad, your loving mom and the friends that get you in trouble and vice versa. My favorite part (other than the whole movie) is the very end when the Mom turns out all the lights and she and Dad sit and just take in the day in the glow of the Christmas tree. I try to do this every year, just take some time and slow down and reflect. I think the Christmas tree is a great way to reflect because the ornaments, at least for me, represent years and years of Christmas and memories.

Honorable mention:


The Nativity Story

This is an amazing story about the birth of Jesus and tells the story of how things went down that blessed night.

1 comment:

  1. Love all those movies too....A Christmas Story is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete