Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Chop.

I got a perm and never really liked it.

I mean it worked some days, but most days it is a complete mess... like today. It is thrown up in a top not and that STILL can't contain the awfulness.

I prefer my hair on the long side and after my wedding I felt I desperately needed a change so I got my hair chopped about a year after and husband wasn't too fond of it, I believe his first remark was "I CAN SEE YOUR NECK?!?!?!".

Well I am back to that place, should I or shouldn't I.

I wouldn't go that short, I want, nay, NEED to be able to put my hair up in a pony tail.

Here's my train of thought.

1. My perm  growing out. I have about 4 inches of new growth of hair and I am proud to say it looks like my old hair (PRAISE!).  
2. My perm is falling out I am now faced with either having to straighten my hair, or load my hair down with product to force the remaining curl to curl. If I let it air dry or I don't put the right amount or to little product in it, it looks like half straight, half weird semi wave thing and a hole lotta friz.

So my thought is if I get it cut, and keep up with the 6 week trim, my hair will back to normal, or mostly normal in no time. Also, if it is shorter I can blow dry it and straighten it easier than it is now.

No joke if I want to straighten my hair it takes at least 2 hours.

In the back of my mind too I am thinking that maybe if I get it cut shorter the curls will bounce back a little. I know my hair is weighing my curls down.

Here are some styles I am throwing around (please don't laugh at the second one, this is legit)
I think this may be too short, so add a couple inches and we would be in business. I need layers back in my life.

I have always wanted to get this hair style and never did, still maybe to short

Happy medium?

I am not going to lie, I am a little gun shy to let anyone touch my hair. It is times like this I miss Matt and his unyielding advice about my hair.

What do you think?

The chop. Yay or Nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment