Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 28, 2012

ABC is not as easy as 123

Assholes...

Lying to everyone, not about love, but about school.

Ok here is the deal.

Remember when I quit my job, went to school full time, and then my part time job fell apart because I got tendonitis, and then I got a new job at OSU?

Got all that?

Well, my want to further my education hasn't lessened any, especially working for a university.

I am now faced with the hard decision of continuing with my previous degree and do it on the borrowed dime or start a new program (same general field, allied health) for next to nothing at OSU.

I know the choice should be crystal clear but it's not, it is so murky that it is taking forever to decide what to do.

When I steered myself towards allied health and found surgical technology everything fit, it was everything I was looking for.

Then I got this amazing opportunity to work for OSU and they have a ton of degrees to choose from but allied health is limited. I decided to start looking in to the radiation therapy program and although the money is better, it just felt like settling.

I talked to husband and family  and they all think I am crazy for wanting to be in surgery anyway, and the possibility of making double what a surgical tech does, they all said the radiation therapy degree was the way to go.

I can't blame them for saying that, not that my family and husband are money hungry, they are anything but, it is just a perk at the possibility to not have to worry about living pay check to pay check.

I may not be able to swing going in to the surgical tech program, money wise.

Going to OSU maybe the only way for me to go to school....


I just can't shake this feeling that surgical technology is where I need to be.

hmpf.


No comments:

Post a Comment