Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 15, 2013

23 Weeks


How far along? 23 Weeks! 17 more to go 
 The baby is as big as: Ear of corn.... mmmm corn on the cob....
 Maternity clothes? Yep! I have actually been contemplating what I will wear after Sarah Bear get's here. Both sides of the family will be descending on the house at the same time and I can't help but think my ratty pj bottoms with a hole on the right butt cheek  (let's face it, it is always these bottoms that you can't part with because if the broken-in-ness and general comfort of them) are appropriate to wear in front of my mother in law. I know I want comfort, but I want to look like I tried when company comes over. And lets not forget the boobs have to be easily accessible... this may be a tough nut to crack. 
Stretch marks? not yet. 
How I am feeling:  Better, although I am beginning to feel more RLP through out the day and at night. 
Best moment this week?: We went to our doula appointment and we started to make a very rough draft of our birth plan and when husband looked it over when we got home, he kind of got a little huffy and I asked him what was wrong... 
Husband:"Kelley must have gotten a little pen happy." 
Me: " why do you say that?" 
Husband: " Because she said your mom would be catching the baby, and we specifically said it would be just us in the delivery room." 
Me: "can I see it." 
Husband hands me the form
Me: " Uh... Babe. The "mother" doing the catching is me..."
3 beats of silence.. husband's eyes get really big
Husband: " OMG, YOU ARE GOING TO BE MOM!!!!"

I died laughing. It hits me in waves that I am going to be someones mother in 4 months but I guess he hasn't started processing it yet. 

Movement?:  I am pretty sure she is kicking me, punching me and head butting me.  On Sunday she was REALLY active and I went upstairs and laid down next to my sicky poo husband and told him that she was moving and a shaking. He doesn't get his hopes up to much because she is prone to move once someone touches the belly. He felt her once and then she gave him a show, for about 5 minutes she kicked the crap out of his hands and he couldn't believe it. We called my mom up and she felt her for the first time. 
Food cravings?: Mint chocolate chip ice cream, which is weird because mint still makes me want to die. If I walk in to a bathroom after someone has used super minty mouth wash I RUN out. 
Gender?:  GIRL!
Labor Signs?: nope. 
Belly Button in or out?:innie
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, one of my friends gave birth in the beginning of Feb and she keeps bragging about sleeping on her stomach again and it makes me want to punch her in the boob.  
What I am looking forward to:  Deciding on a nursery theme. There have been 4 runners so far and I think we are almost decided. 
Weekly Wisdom: pregnancy brain is no joke, because I was rushing around this morning in a sweater I was burning up and just walked out of my house with out a coat... IT'S STILL EFFING WINTER....
 Milestones: My husband realizing that we are going to be parents. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha....that's cute that the hubs finally realized :)

    ReplyDelete