Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A blog just for me.


I used to get pretty regular traffic on this here blog, notice the past tense. I don't anymore, I realized that when I got pregnant and started blogging just about that state of being, my readership went down and then creepers started to be the only hits my posts would get.

I am not going to say that it didn't bother me, it did. We, as a culture love the validity we get from friends, family but even more so from strangers, it can come in many forms, repins, likes, shares. Whatever. I had dreams of this blog blowing up and becoming popular and with that becoming BFF's with Ree and she would invite me out to her ranch where Charlie and Walter would show my beloved basset a good time slow motion running through the plains of Oklahoma.

I don't know why my dream always involved being friends with Ree but they do.

The point is that isn't happening and won't.

When I checked my last couple posts and saw that not a single person viewed it, I can admit that I thought about closing up shop.

Me: But I like blogging.
Inner monologue: Then keep blogging
Me: What's the point? no one reads this
Inner monologue: Who cares?
Me: you mean I can keep blogging even though no one reads this?

Ok, so I wasn't actually sitting there talking to myself but these were my thoughts more or less.

So no more 30 things, themed posts, crafting posts, recipes posts... unless I am feeling it.

I don't want this to be a niche blog because my life isn't a niche life.

it is mostly just random crap like this.

So here is to putting authenticity out in to the inter-webs.

You're welcome universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment