Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Charlotte


There has been a lot of talk between Fiance and I about what is to come after the wedding. One major discussion is his job and my schooling. As many of you know.. aka the 2 lovely ladies that follow my blog, I put school on hiatus so the burden of paying for our wedding wouldn't fall solely on to him.


Now that he has a job and we are in to the last 2 months before the wedding the question has been brought to the table where do we go from here? Fiance right now is beyond thrilled to have a job but isn't feeling fulfilled. Which, anyone that went to school for 5 years for a diploma that you don't even use can relate. He is seriously considering trying to get in the corporate office which in located in North Carolina. I always knew we were going to move someday, did I think that could be a few months away? Not in my wildest dreams. I thought, unrealistically, that Fiance would move up here find an awesome job, we would get married, I would graduate, we would have a baby then live happily ever after....


Then back to reality where to be painfully (because I don't want to admit it) honest we may not be able to stay here. We have to go where he can find the best job because even if I graduate I still can't make even a smidge of what he could make. There is more to think about than just me, there is an us now and in the not so distant future an us plus little ones. For once, my need for planning out every second of my life is paying off, because we have to think of our family.


There is a culinary school in Charlotte that is out of this world, so continuing my education won't be an issue. When we talk about it so many emotions run through me; sadness, excitement, anger,fear... just to name a few. I will let you know when more comes of this.


1 comment:

  1. Don't go anywhere until he has a secured job. With the economy the way it is, he may not find anything quickly anywhere else. So it may still be months...... away.

    ReplyDelete