Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 13, 2009

The Gauntlet

That is what I have been calling these next few weeks.

Today starts everything, and I am down a car (mine is in the shop for repairs). So I am going to have to rely on the generosity of my friends to take me places.

This week:
I have to get the car fixed
Make 9 goodie baskets
Do laundry
Clean the house
Pack for Alabama
Clean the car out
Celebrate my birthday day
Drive 9 1/2 hours
Survive a Tea

Next week:
Go through every thing in my room and decide what I need and what goes to charity
Pack my life
Do hair trial run
Keep my FMIL entertained
Go to my Bridal shower

Week after that:
Move my life into Fiance's Apartment

See a gauntlet.

I will say I am really excited about going to Alabama. The last time I saw everyone was at a funeral so it will be nice to see everyone happy and celebrating.

This Thursday is my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited. I mean who doesn't love their birthday!?!?!?!?!?

The tea will be a new experience and I am trying to stay open minded. I know we aren't going to be sitting around drinking tea in our white gloves but there is a lot of tradition that goes in to one. Something that has become very apparent the last few months is how BIG the cultural divide between north and south really is. And I don't mean redneck south, I mean debutant south. I really embrace it too, I love the Ora around everything, the tradition, the history. I am always afraid of not fitting in, being a "Yankee" and all.

until next time ....

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COMMENT TIME!!!!

    happy birthday katy! yay!

    ReplyDelete