Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cincinnati Bridal and formal

HOW I LOATHE THEE!!!!

So being as I was told in January that if my girls ordered their dresses ON MARCH 28th, it would be enough time to get them in. I called once in May to check the ship date and they said mid July. Kind of risky but I said that is about 6 weeks for alterations and such, so no worries.

Maybe this is a crazy train of thought, but if you say a month like.. oh I don't know July for example. That if said month has 31 days in it that the 15 or the 16th would be middle of the month. Am I correct in my thinking? I only question this because Bridal and Formal seems to have a twisted logic on this matter.

When I first called they didn't have an answer for me. They said " Oh, I need to call and check on that." When I asked about the MOB dress the girls said " Oh, I really need to call and check on that." As if I reminded her to do her job. She said she would call me back.

I got the call and there was a word being thrown around in our conversation that has made me uneasy. That would is "should."

"The bridesmaid dresses should ship out end of next week."

"And the mother of the bride dress?" I asked

"that should ship out week after next."

It took all I had to not tell her that Bridal and formal had until July 28th to get me the dresses. I feel like I have been lied to. I want to let them know that too, tell them maybe they should actually teach the sales girls how to measure or EVEN BETTER get an alterations department, so you won't have brides like me. Jaded and bitter about their bridal and formal experience.

1 comment:

  1. I think every bride hears the word "should" when calling to check on their dresses/BM & MOB dresses. It stinks. But all will be ok...everything will arrive : )

    ReplyDelete