Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Clear.

Looking back at my post yesterday and the comments that came from it, I can see where it came off as I saw a documentary and was all like "That looks like fun, I will do that."

I did my own personal research and yes the documentary did effect me, as it is meant  to do. Was I hardcore hospital birth before hand and now I am not? Absolutely not.
I had already decided I wanted a home birth from doing some research on CHOICE midwives here in Ohio and also speaking with one of the midwives who works at the facility. She told me how they encourage a woman and her family to choose a humane child birthing experience.

My personal reasons for choosing home birth for when its my time:

- I am going to be on some sort of medication the rest of my life and this is one aspect that I can choose not to be.
- I want to be where I am most comfortable and where I am calm ,I want to be in my home, in familiar surroundings. And I want my child to be born in clam surroundings, not to mention his/her new home.
-I want to be the soul focus of my care giver.
- I don't know pain like child birth. I know that doing it naturally and with out medical intervention is what I want  for my myself and my future child. But, in the heat of a contraction, in whatever hour of labor, if someone where to offer me an epidural, I don't know if I could say no. So, unless necessary I don't want  any offer of intervention to be made.
- I am scared of hospitals, I honestly don't see them as healing places.

I will admit it wasn't until after I saw TBOBB in 2009 that I started to look more in depth at the hospitals around my area. I found that as of 2008, The Ohio Department of health released hospital-by-hospital data for low risk, first time births and 27% of them were c-section. Out of the 8 hospitals in my county all but one were above 20%. I was crushed, I thought because I was overweight that I wouldn't be able to choose, that I would automatically be labeled high risk.

I talked to a midwife about my findings and about my last physical and blood work and that the only thing working against me is my weight. I have no obese health issues like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, she said with that information and my family information that I would make a good a candidate for home birth.

I wanted to put out there my personal reasons, and not what I got from a website, and I just want to put out there too that I am not against hospital births or women that have/are choosing to give birth there. I was born in a hospital and my mom's labor with me went beautifully and she was able to have a VBAC as well. It is all in what you and your family choose is best for you and baby.

Ok, that is all.

Later Bloggies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment