Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Menu Planning

It is hard to plan meals in the G household.

Husband and I eat very differently and it can cause some problems. I am fine with just a pasta dish or casserole, but husband looooooooooooooooves his protein, I am not a fan. I mean don't get me wrong, I can throw down a stake like nobodies business but I have to be in the mood for it.

Last night I made a traditional pesto penne and topped it with an Italian cheese blend, I dished it out and gave husband his share and he said.... Needs some chicken. IT ALWAYS NEEDS CHICKEN!!!!!

He wants me to add chicken to everything, lemon pasta; needs chicken, my Alfredo penne needs chicken, my spaghetti needs beef, my baked fettacheesey needs chicken.... UGH!

 He thought he was helping when he said I should make one dish two ways one with chicken and one without. At this point I am sure I looked crazy, eye twitching and all and I said "This is not a restaurant"

I also told him that if he wanted chicken then he should bake some chicken. I mean do you know how much our grocery bill would be if I added protein to every.single. meal?

I am making or meal list for the next week and I asked him for suggestions....

ten bucks he says CHICKEN!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! However, you might consider the dual dishes.

    IDK. I grew up in a house filled to the brim with people. At any given time there were at least 2 growing boys and a grown man devouring whatever they could and then my sister, the vegetarian. My dad hates all things creamy and the youngest swears that black pepper is too hot.

    Mom's solution? A pasta dish served with two proteins on the side or a family casserole and steak for dad.

    Maybe that's too much to ask when there's only two people in the house?

    Then again, you could give him the wisdom of a 4YO and say, "Suck it up, cupcake!". Lolz

    ReplyDelete