Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Chicken

I am going to throw this out there....

I suck at cooking chicken.

I can bake the shit out of it but if you want it sauteed or any method that involves a stove top and skillet and all rhyme and reason fly out the window.

Let me paint you a picture.

Tonight I made Bruschetta chicken (recipe and pics to come) and it calls for grill or saute, well we are out of propane and I died a little on the inside because of the obvious.


I used Jeremy Irons (the name of my iron skillet) and I knew right away there was an issue because the chicken was sticking, so I added more oil. This caused major crackle and pop and in my sleep deprived  state I said lets add some water.

I know this what you don't do.

it makes Jeremy Irons and his contents very angry, not to mention it made my house fill with smoke, slowly, like a white death.

I didn't realize it until I stepped out in to the garage for something and I walked in to what I can compare it to a smoke house or stream room aka really cloudy.
 
I would like to add that we just had our fire alarms replaced, and they didn't go off... shotty installation? (husband didn't install them, this is a story in and of its self).

windows opened, fans a blowing, and the effers still weren't done, so I did what any self respecting woman would do, I threw Jeremy Irons in the oven and told Mom and Matt to chillax and have a snack.

Goal number one with going full southern.... master the art of chicken on the stove top.


1 comment:

  1. I hate to touch raw chicken so your on your own love..lol :)

    ReplyDelete