Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wedding Recap: the Ceremony

My wedding ceremony, like everyone said, was a blur. I was actually getting a little stage fright when the time came. I mean 9 months of planning came down to this very second. Kind of nerve racking. I had been tucked away so I hadn't seen the people come filing in. My dad had come back to the room to get lined up and it hit me when Lisa, the wedding coordinator made us line up that this was it. I still get butterflies thinking about it. I kept repeating to myself DON'T FALL, DON'T FALL, DON'T FALL. I am very clumsy, as my mom would say, there was a reason they didn't name me grace. Anyway. The day was perfect, we got married at 6 o'clock, so the sun was low in the sky, but we couldn't tell because there was a tad bit of cloud cover. The ceremony was held outside in the garden. It was beautiful on its own, it really didn't have to be decorated to much and I really liked that. I really wanted something beautiful but simple and I was so glad that I found this place. I do say I and not we because I had our name in the book before we even got engaged. Yes, I was that girl.

I remember I couldn't look at Mr. G, it was either going to make me cry or have this big silly grin on my face, so I decided I should concentrate on not killing myself. I remember getting up to him and my mom and dad giving me away. My dad almost took my veil off. I remember warning him about it and then shot my MOH a look. Then it is totally all a blur. I remember getting choked up during my vows, and then at the end, forgetting the Lord's prayer and trying to cover my tracks and act like I was crying. Then that was it, we were man and wife, in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

Here are some of our Ceremony pictures. There are a lot, this turned out to more of a play by play but oh well.

ENJOY!!!
Ceremony_0006
Ceremony_0023
Ceremony_0020
Ceremony_0032
Ceremony_0043
Ceremony_0044
Ceremony_0047
Ceremony_0049
Ceremony_0080
Ceremony_0086
Ceremony_0147
Ceremony_0166
Ceremony_0207
Ceremony_0209
Ceremony_0211

Come back next week for more wedding recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment