Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 5, 2010

50

We had snow flurries and it made my heart skip a beat a beat closer towards Christmas.


I love Christmas you guys to a point where it is considered stalking, to a point where it has a restraining order on me... yeah that sounds about right.


When I see my first Christmas commercial I beam, yes this year it caught me off guard because it was 80 degrees outside but I was thrilled none the less.


There are 50 days until Christmas, 50 days until gift giving, gift receiving. Even less time until tree trimming, cookie baking, Christmas light hanging, caroling. OMG I am so excited! Even though this year will be a hard one for me. This will be my first Christmas away from my family and it will be even harder to be away from my Gabers (as I like to call him) on his very first Christmas. As much as I am not looking forward to it, I am looking forward to it, does that make sense?


I know how hard it was for Hubs to away from his family on Thanksgiving and Christmas last year due to work. So this year we will be with his family, which I knew was going to happen I mean it is only fair but still I can be sad right? I will say I am looking forward to new traditions, to seeing what his family does to celebrate this holiday.

This year we may be celebrating (a) Christmas in our first home! That's right bloggies, they accepted our offer and we are in the throws of buying our first house. It isn't for sure yet but we are hoping everything goes smoothly from here on out and we should be closing the end of this month!

I am such a sap. I started listening to Christmas music the other day and when I'll be home for Christmas came on I started tearing up. And not because I was sad, but because I could be in my new home for Christmas.... SQUEAL!!!!

You can check out the story of our house purchase here

1 comment:

  1. I'm right along with you with Christmas...I am so excited and seeing all the red and green everywhere makes me heart skip a beat!!

    ReplyDelete