Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

last bit for awhile

I, Mrs. G, Promise that this will be my last bit of Christmas talk for at least a week...

Ok, so this year Mr.G and I are going to be on a tight budget for Christmas, so I thought in an effort to make our dollar stretch farther, that we could add a touch of home made-ness to the festivities.

I proposed this idea to Mr.G a few nights ago:

Me: "Hey, babe, you know how we are going to be on a tight budget for Christmas shopping?"

Hubs:"yes."

Me:"well, I had an idea, what I made home made bread and jam to give to everyone and then we can still get them a little something else?"

Hubs:"no."

Me:"uh why?"

Hubs:"that may work for your family but not for mine."

As soon as the words left his lips, I started to boil. He heard what he said and he, and by the look on his face he knew it was wrong.

Me:"so are you telling my your family is just a bunch of materialistic snobs?"

Hubs:"Yeah, we like of stuff."

Me:"hmmmm, I will keep that in mind, and while I make my family bread and jam for Christmas that will mean more to them then a Dvd or some other stupid gadget, you have fun buying something for every.single. person by yourself. You take care of your family and I will take care of mine."

I later apologized for calling his family materialistic snobs, but in return I wanted an apology too. I was only trying to help, and he shot my down cold without even thinking twice about it. And not to mention the whole it may work for your family thing, yeah your right mister it would work for my family because they are suckers for my home made goodies, just like your family is.

Ugh! I am still mad about it. I think what has kept this fire going is the fact that I have already listened to him moan about Christmas, and like I said I was only trying to help.

I mean am I wrong here?

No comments:

Post a Comment