Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Something Fun

What's in a name?
Found this at Love and Lace and thought it would perk up my mood.

How did your parents decide on your name?

My parents had my middle name picked out already. My name was going to be Summer but my mom didn't like it with my maiden name so they changed it to my mom's confirmation name just a different spelling. Which they claim is the most popular spelling of my name but I have yet to find a ruler or other school supply item with Katy spelled K A T Y.

Do your initials (first/middle/last) spell anything funny?
KDG- No but my first and middle initial sound like my first name, my dad wanted me to go by the initials not the actual spelling.

Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you drop your middle name and take your maiden name as your middle name?

Because I took my husbands last name and I didn't know that it was going to be such a PAIN to drop my middle name and use my maiden name instead I am now KDG and not KHG which is what I want to do eventually.

Are you or will you name your children systematically? (ie, same first letter, same origin, etc)
No. The only name thing we are doing is using at least one family name. I am doing this to get away with using Hunter (my maiden name) as a first name for one of our future sons.

Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
Oh they change all the time.

When I was younger I wanted to name my daughter Panther. I am, and so is my future daughter, glad that I changed my mind.

 Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?

We don’t have one name but my dad started the tradition of the first born son as having Mark as a middle name, and so far it is 3 generations strong.

Because my  husbands family doesn’t have anything like that,I decided I wanted something special like that for my boys so one will have Thomas (Mr.'s middle) as there middle name.


Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?

For naming my children I look for meaning just to know but I don't know if it would make me change my mind on a name I really liked. Unless it meant donkey balls or something.
Do you name pets with human names or pet names?
People names, they were all older names. I had Molly, Charlie and now I have Dot.

Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?

I had a friend Kaleigh who turned out to be just a mean person and never really valued our friendship she was friends with me because I started to get attention in the music program and the theater program. Ruined the name for me, which is such a pity I loved the name Kaleigh before she came along.

What are some of your favorite names & why?
I will share but to all you preggos and people who know someone who is preggo that I may know as well BE WARNED!

If you take my baby names I will hold a grudge (true story).

Boy: Owen, Hunter, Emmett

Girl: Harper, Charlotte, Caroline, Lydia, Bryce, Kennedy

*** I thought this would help my mood but blogger is being a bitch and posted it all weird and wouldn’t let me fix it. Which flared up my frustration, but hopefully this is fixed. *****

P.s. Little Woman, sorry I had to delete the original post and your comment, but as always thank you for commenting!  





3 comments:

  1. Aaah, Kaleigh. What a bia. I bet she ruined that name for a lot of people in our school.... Add me to that list, as well as one other who's prego and glad that she's having a boy (cause her hubs actually liked that name).

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a Kaleigh at our high school and she was a total hoochie...would never want that name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stole a baby name from you but Mr. G vetoed it anyway so I guess that doesn't really count. You still have a wonderful selection of names though.

    ReplyDelete