Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Baby steps

Remember when I said I really need to refocus my life?

Well today was not that day and it really showed. It showed when my internet went down at around 9 when I was in the middle of taking a quiz and I freaked the eff out. I was stomping around cursing the wifi Gods for forsaking me. Because aaaaaaaaall day we had no problems, then it dawned on me that maybe, just maybe I should have done this earlier in the day? You know, instead of watching hours of house hunters, house hunters international, property virgins....

I did get the tree down today so that is something, yet I still found myself scrambling and in a state of panic.I will say I love the can I?, will I? approach to procrastination and it hard to deny my natural urges when I have documented proof that some of  my best work as been wire work.

Alas, I need to focus because this isn't some throw away class, it is one that I will use on an everyday basis.

I did get my planner in order and starting tomorrow I am going to follow through with my plan and leave the tv off and actually devote time to my studies. The next step is to make a space for this to happen. We have a 3 bedroom house with a finished basement. Well we have a room, our guests have a room and my mom lives in our basement so that leaves the smallest of the rooms.

This is meant to someday be the nursery but since that has been put on the back burner it is now Husbands man cave but there is a problem. I got husband a PS3 for Christmas because I am the best wife ever, the problem lies in the fact that we have to keep it in the main living space for the blu-ray player. Now that he has this awesome new gaming system, he is never in his man cave.

I decided to ask husband as nicely as I could if we could convert the man cave in to more of an office for my studies. He lamented and tried to tell me that he would still use it and I rolled my eyes so hard they almost spasm-ed  out of their sockets. 

in order for this to happen we would need to get rid of the futon, the small desk, the TV... ok pretty much everything. And when I told him this list he started talking about keeping these relics of bachelor hood and I didn't know how to angle this.

I need a quite space away from everything so I don't get distracted (ADD does that to ... SQUIRREL!)
and that is the only space available. He is considering it now because my mom said we can stash our stuff in her storage unit so we aren't "getting" rid per-say. To be honest that was probably my first misstep was using the "getting rid of" terminology. 

I did compromise and said that I wouldn't take anything off the walls, they are covered in Auburn paraphernalia.  But there is one wall, one glorious wall that doesn't have a spec on it and I have deemed suitable for my desk.I am going to be spending a lot of time in this room and I don't care how ghetto it looks but I plan to paint it and decorate that little corner of solace.

I am thinking something like this:




I am leaning more towards the dark wall with a pop of color. My decor isn't very modern and I have been dying for a little edge  and I think a grey, black, white and yellow scheme will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment