Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

it's a process

 I am alive!

My husband walked in on the mess that is my closet, saw me sitting among mounds of despair and just looked around speechless “it’s a process” I tried to reassure him. The closet it 10 times worse than it was, I have stuff pulled out that I didn’t even know was in there, but in the words of my mom “you have to make a bigger mess to get the job done right.”  Wise woman right there.
I am not going to lie, sitting among these mounds is daunting, it almost makes me want to throw in the towel and maybe try again next year… almost though. I am ready to get this place, meaning the whole house, organized. Husband and I are terrible at it, I chalk it up to bad habits while husband is saying it is because we are the babies of the family. I know I am because there wasn’t a lot of structure in my house growing up, I didn’t have chores and I could keep my room anyway I wanted it. Sure I would clean up, but it was when we didn’t have any more clean silverware or socks. Husband is bad at it because his mom did everything for him, yeah I said it, but its ok he will admit to it.
I always feel better when I walk in to a clean space and I think I need that right now, my life is hectic to say the least and it is only going to get more so. I decided that after the closet organization, I want to tackle the house, one room at a time. I want to file, shred, throw away anything and everything. Then I want to clean the shit out of my house. Like really clean it . I am a beat around the bush cleaner, the main areas will be clean-ish but the rest of the house is usually in shambles. I hate this, husband hates it (to which I said do something about it if it hate it so much. Snarky? Yes, needed to be said, yes.) and I always said that my house wasn’t going to be like my house growing up, which was trashed until we had a reason to clean it, then it was like a marathon.
This process is going to be a slow one but one that will bring me some serious Zen.  Cheers! To taking control of my out of control house!
 

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! This is totally where I am right now too. My roommate has helped with that quite a bit.... But if she hadn't it would have been murder getting my butt in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean house equals a clear mind in my book. I'm on the same journey love

    ReplyDelete