Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Telling Husband

Written 10/26/2012

I had always wanted to tell Husband in a super cute way that I was pregnant, the only issue being that I wouldn't be able to keep a secret like this for long, so it had to be something that could be cute in a jiffy.

When I found out the day before his birthday it really left the door wide open as to what I could do. 

I could get him a onsie that said world's greatest dad, a happy birthday Dad card, or a cake that said From Katy and baby. 

The issue was I didn't want to do it in front of everyone and because EVERYONE was going to be at our house on his birthday I had to go back to square one. 

What to do, what to do? 

See husband was working and wasn't due home for about another 2 hours. 

I racked my brain. 

My mom was about to leave to go get a card when I thought wouldn't it be funny if I "Proposed" Parenthood to him? I thought about this in a joking manner. 

But joking manner aside, I thought it was a pretty good idea. 

I ran out the front door to stop my mom and told her my idea and she said that was perfect so now we were on the hunt for a box to put the stick in. 

I found my sunglasses case, it was white and kind of jazzy with a black velvet inside, just like a ring box, even if it wasn't just like a ring box the pee stick fit perfectly so it was going to be used anyway.  I got everything set up and ready to go, and then waited, and waited and waited. 

The clock ticked past his time to get off work, and then 40 more minutes passed. 

Isn't that lucky, the one night I have life altering news and he gets held up at work? 

He finally pulls in the drive way around 8pm and he is on his phone. 

DAMN.IT.

Usually it is with his mom and it doesn't take that long.....

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?!?!?!
I go out side and he is on the phone with his sister and he won't stop his jibber jabbering. 

I physically had to go outside and intervene because I was about to blow the whole thing and yell "WILL YOU GET OFF THE PHONE I AM TRYING TO TELL YOU I AM PREGNANT IN CUTE EFFING WAY AND YOU BEING ON THE PHONE IS RUINING IT." 

He got off the phone and brought him in to the house and I sat him down on our couch and he said he was confused to which I replied he should be. 

I grabbed the box which was close by, took a deep breath and got down on one knee. 

He started laughing and asked me what I was doing and I said "Husband... Will you be a parent with me?"

Popped open the box lid and he saw the stick and was utterly shocked. 

I believe he said 
"SHUT UP!" 'SHUT UP!!" ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!?!" "NU HUH!!" (please note that these were exclamtions of excitement, I don't want you to mistake these pc undertones as anger)

Then he proceeded to shower me with kisses. 

I got the whole thing on tape and I can't help but go back and watch it for a good laugh and a tear of happiness that usually ensues...hormones. 

We are trying to decide now how to tell the parentals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment