Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 17, 2009

19 days

19 Days!!! I can't believe I am getting married in 19 days....

And nothing got done this weekend :(

That's right nothing.... well I did cut ribbon.

So This is what happened.

On Friday put my car in the shop and waited to see what the diagnosis was. For those of you who don't know on Wednesday of last week my car crapped out on me, I had no power locks, no head lights, no windshield wipers, and best of all no speedometer.

Got the call late Friday that is was in fact my computer, and that the estimated cost of repair was $1000.00! I was so upset. I had just put $800.00 in to my car for a new air conditioner and now the computer? I had already started looking for a replacement car just in case.

I called a car dealership inquiring about a Honda element. I decided I wanted something that I had personal experience with and knew I could run in to the ground... case and point my brothers first car 1989 Honda accord had 300,000 miles on it before it crapped out. I called the car place on Friday and the element was still there and Andy said he would have it pulled around waiting for me on Saturday morning. Fiance and I get up and roll on over to the car dealership and we meet Andy. I like this guy instantly, he is freaking hysterical and so eases my worry a smidge. We go and we test drive the element ( I let Matthew drive because I had already test driven one before) and he doesn't like it. Needless to say the engine isn't powerful enough to pull that big of a car, so what was going to be the case when I have to haul something? While we are driving around Andy calls me to get my car, So we drive to Hilliard and I get my car... now remember all that I listed was wrong with it? So now I have to drive this thing on the Free way. Can you say nervous? Yeah totally was. We are on our way back to the dealership and of course my check engine light comes on. I throw on my hazards because I am now waiting for my car to either die or explode. Fiance calls me, Frantic because he is thinking the same thing, I tell him it is just a precaution.

I make sure to turn off my hazards when I pull in to the car dealership, but I made it there in once piece. As to not bore you I will cut the next few hours of my life down to a few sentences...
they don't turn my car on they look it over and check the millage.
they said they will give me the $67oo that my jeep is worth
we start negotiating price
we call our parents because we are both inexperienced car buyers
then the moment happened. We were getting ready to walk away when Andy looks up my cars carfax report. We look it over and see that the computer had already been replaced once before. WHAT!?!?!?!? Now, I recall quite clearly when I bought the jeep they told me there was a short and showed me the carfax report and nothing was yellow or red (which in carfax means stay away). So when Andy showed it to us and there it was in black and white we decided we needed to walk away with a car that day, from Andy because they already agreed to give me bluebook for my hunk of crap jeep. After 4 and a half hours at the car dealership we walked away with a 2006 Subaru Forester. It totally isn't something that I would EVER pick for myself but for my family it will be perfect.

The rest of Saturday I cut ribbon and tried to get the recipe cards to print.... yeah right. That FAILED!

Sunday I had all of this help just sitting around because 1. it took forever to get the set up for the program correct and 2. the printer was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. So my DIY weekend really turned out to be a lot of frustation and sitting around. I think tonight I am going to suck it up and pay office max to do it... no biggie.

Best man update.... He is a douche and all he did was let Fiance down and piss me off. I hope he comes up here so I can get tipsy and give him a piece of my mind ( I want people to be able to blame it alcohol and not me being rude).

Hair update: Hair trial number 2 went really well an I like what she did soooooooooo much better. So it is going to be half up with a little Bouffant. Can't wait. She also put extensions in and I couldn't stop loving how full my hair looked.... I was actually kind of sad to see them out.

So this is weird but I think I am getting a stye? My upper eyelid is really red and inflamed... great. That will look hot in pictures.

Speaking of Pictures...

Here is my new mom car... er.. I mean ride....



alright I do done for now.

Love.

1 comment: