Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

inspiration

I need some. I really haven't felt the pull to blog recently. I mean I even forgot a tasty Tuesday...

I am tired. Tired of being sick, Sunday and Monday was the worst I have felt in a while. I had so much sinus pressure behind my eyes, that I could barely open them, not to mention my left one was almost swollen shut. I was a hot mess let me tell you.

The worst part is I was sick for Hubs' birthday, he turned the big 25 and I was passed out on the couch with a mound of tissues around me... I don't feel to super bad about it because he got the ultimate birthday gift and that kept him busy and me too since then.

Today is the first day I can say I feel better. About 75% so hopefully I will keep getting better.

It is official, we are staying in Ohio. Husband keeps telling everyone it is because we didn't' know how much money JWU was and I finally set him straight. I knew how much it was and he was the one with sticker shock when I told him. The reason I suggested we stay here is because we are both gainfully employed while in NC he had absolutely no prospects, none, Nada. And I wasn't willing to put my schooling on hold until he became employed. So that is the real reason.... don't believe him if he tells you different, ha!

We turned in our notice at our current apartment. With them raising our rent to the tune of $750 a month, we feel that for that money we should 1. feel safe in our home, which we don't considering in 2 weeks there have been 2 break ins and an arrest in front of our house, 2. should feel that our complex is taken care of, which they already raised our rent $5.00 to cover trash. Which I know isn't going to break the bank. BUT! The trash doesn't come on a regular basis, the bulk trash pick up never comes (there has been a love seat by my dumpster for 3 months, and when I went to the office to complain they said I should call the bulk trash people, because they already had. I told them no, because that is why I live in an apartment and not my own home, if I need something fixed or want to complain I come to you. Not the other way around. I know that I should have been nicer but the lady did give me attitude.) , and they never get all the trash in the garbage truck so it is strewn about the complex.

I know what you are thinking, "Mrs. G why would you move to such a place?" It was affordable when we moved in, and we didn't know we were going to get an apartment in the red-headed stepchild section of the complex. I mean we are in the very last building of the complex, so no one cares.

The hunt is now on for a bigger and better place. I found one I really like that hubs and I are going to look at on Sunday. So fingers crossed he likes it and it makes it to our list of possibilities.

Saturday I am having a party at my place, well it is more of an open house. For Mary Kay and Gold Canyon Candles. I made the mistake of having in on Halloween because I thought I was moving and wanted to have one last party like this to support my friends.Sothe turn out is going to be slim. I am kind of bummed, guess I should have planned that better. Sorry Ladies!!!!

The rest of my week will contain a cleaning spree, apartment hunting and getting some other little honey do's done. Should be productive, NO! it will be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment