Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 2, 2009

TGIF!


We are down to hours people!!!! That's right, hours from now I will be whisked away (at an absurd hour in the morning.. ahem 4 am) to a cruise ship where for 7 days I get to enjoy my husband and myself. I am so geeked out right now!!! We have never been on a real trip together, it is has just been me traveling to him or vice versa.

I have a question for you ladies. When packing for a trip, do you pack just enough for the allotted time of being away or do you pack a plethora of options?

I ask for this reason. I may have gone overboard with my packing but I justify it as, if I have forgotten something I can't just hop in my car and drive to Wal- Mart. The whole being in the middle of the ocean thing totally hinders that. So as I am packing I am thinking along the lines of, well I want cute somethings to wear just around, maybe some more out doors-y stuff for when we are walking around the ports, and then the nice dresses for dinner. I mean am I wrong here? I weighed my bag yesterday sans toiletries and it was already at 40 lbs... that's right, half my summer wardrobe and 6 pairs of shoes will do that to a person. Now, once I got all of toiletries in the bag, which mind you barely shut when it was all said and done... it was 54 lbs. Hubs about freaked out, and then got a good laugh about it when I told him my Wal-mart theory. I am one of those people/women that like to bring the comforts of home with them, and nothing makes it more like home than a full closet.

Well Lovelies, I leave you now for a week. But! I will take tons of pictures and have lots to blog about when I get back!!!

3 comments:

  1. yay!!! have tons of fun! I cant wait to see your pictures when you get back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so famous for overpacking. A girl must have options, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me=jealous. Have a great time on your cruise! I am a new follower and I look forward to keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete