Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Feeling S.A.D.

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer,[1] spring or autumn, repeatedly, year after year.
I swear this weather could make the perkiest of perky pull the covers over their head and wait for spring.

I love cooler weather, especially after a scorcher of a summer. But, I am so tired of this, so tired of having to completely gear up with a coat, hat, gloves, scarf, big golashes to take my dog out. I dream of the days I can just walk out side and feel the warm breeze and feel the sun on my face.... le sigh.

Sorry I have been MIA. I really have been kinda of down in the dumps and I don't know why. It is like an itch I can't scratch, I know something is wrong but I can't put my finger on it.

My Bro's Graduation was great. It was really cool to hear the cadences as they marched on stage, to see the video of them going through training. I could see something was wrong with my SIL but when I asked she gave me a nonchalant answer of "I am fine." My Brothers family day was canceled on Wednesday because 4 guys from his PLT thought it was a good idea to tie some sheets together and then repel from their window down to the females barracks. So we had to wait to see him until after the graduation, and then we only got a few hours. It was very bittersweet.

I have been enthralled in a new book series called House of Night . It is going to be a 12 series collection, with 6 in stores and one ready to hit the shelves in April. It is a vampire -based fantasy / romance novel and they are pretty good. I have read about one a day since I started reading. They are a lot more far fetched then Twilight, not that Twilight is believable but this has more fantasy to it. It is about a 16 year old Zoey Redbird, your typical teen with typical teen issues, who's biggest worry is her big geometry test and her boyfriend Heath until she is marked one day at school and from there on her life changes dramatically. From running away from her broken spirited mother and Step Loser Dad , leaving behind her friends and boyfriend, and having an out of body experience at her native American Grandmother's lavender farm. Where she sees the Goddess Nyx. She enters the House of Night boarding school. This isn't your ordinary boarding school it is a school for fledglings (young vampyres).

I recommed picking up this book.

Anyway. I am meeting with Bradford today to see about starting school in a few weeks, fingers crossed all goes well.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I've read some of that series! it's really pretty good. I'm waiting for the next one to come out so i can re-read them all again... It's been hard to find good books lately. maybe I'll revert back to my Jane Austen obsession.

    ReplyDelete