Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Healthy Life: Tastefully Tuesday!

Well My chickadees after my last weight in I am down my 7.5 lbs!!!!!!!!
I couldn't be happier! I know it took longer than 4 weeks and that was due to my lack of exercise, but now I can focus more on my work outs. Eating healthy is becoming a second nature to me and some of the recipes I have tried are awesome. So, as promised here is my first Tastefully Tuesday 2.0


Portobello Pizza:

A delicious recipe that substitutes a portobello mushroom for a pizza crust....yummo! Just like any pizza take this basic recipe and make it your own.


What you need:
1 large portobello mushroom, stem removed
1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tablespoon sliced black olives
4 slices pepperoni sausage
1 clove garlic, chopped

What to do:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place the mushroom on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and spread spaghetti sauce in the cup of the cap. Top with cheese, olives, pepperoni and garlic.
Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden

Calories: 235

Tips:
don't rinse off your mushrooms. Use a damp cloth to wipe them off instead. Mushrooms are so absorbent that if you rinse them off your pizzas will turn out watery and runny.


No comments:

Post a Comment