Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013: the year of change



pic via Google images



2013 is going to be a big year for me, and not only because I will become someone's mother... ok it is entirely because I am going to be someone's mother.

Can I freak out a little?

We started trying in 2010... I was 24, WHAT THE EFF WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?! Now that I am preggo I think 26 (or 27 depending on when bean makes their grand entrance) is much to young to be someone's mother.

I was sitting on the couch last night and realized that I was going to have a baby this year. THIS YEAR! In 6 months, then I realized craaaaaaap I still have six months.

freak out over... for now.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. 2013 year of change.

Here are my list of goals for 2013:

Goal #1: As soon as I am not throwing up/are nauseous all the time start eating healthier. I have talked to a bunch of moms and they say your first trimester is about survival, if you can stomach french fries and not salad, eat the french fries. You are better off eating junk and keeping it down than eating something healthy and throwing it up moments later.

Goal #2: Make Husband/our marriage a priority. In 2012 husband and I both saw the repercussions of our actions of not making each other a priority. Instead it was all about MY needs over their needs and it really hurt or marriage, almost beyond repair. This year, especially with the LO on the the way, we need to really take time for each other, weather that be a date night out or quiet night in, we need to be better at taking time for each other.

Goal #3: Take more pride in my home. My house is always messy, and I hate it, but I feel so overwhelmed that I don't do anything about it. This year I want to get in to the groove of cleaning and maintaining so I am not so overwhelmed.

Goal #4: This is a repeat from last year at 8 pm unplug from the social media/digital world. I really don't need to know what famous people are doing on twitter or that you are having amazing sushi and you posted a pic on instagram.

Goal #5: Write down one positive thing per day in a journal. Writing in a journal can sometimes be daunting for me and the fact that I tend to err on the side of negative and I desperately want to change that. I feel like this will be a happy medium for me.

Goal #6: SAVE MONEY! this is a common goal for husband and I. We FINALLY got our finances in order and will be able to save some major dollars this year. We are going to try really hard not go to let our past, quick to spend everything behavior,  get the better of us.

Goal #7: Following the saving money route, be able to put a nice down payment on a car. I need a car and husband and I both know that we are going to have to have a cosigner for it, so to keep good grace we want to be able to put a significant amount down.

Goal #8: Stop taking peoples opinions about husband and I's decisions so personally. Maybe its the hormones, maybe it is my need to always please people, probably both.  EVERYONE has an opinion and they are allowed that, but what I am struggling with is when people openly share their opinion in a rude way or with no regard to my husband and I's decision about our baby. It is really turning me off to talking to people about certain things, even extremely close friends. for example, I was talking baby names with a dear friend and I told her one of the names we are seriously considering and her response was " I hope you have a boy". I know she didn't say it with any malice or in a mean way, that is how she is and I swear if she would have been sitting next to me I would have slapped her. When I calmed down I realized "why do you care it's your kid" there are only 2 peoples opinions that matter... mine and husbands.

Goal # 9: Work on my relationship with SIL. She has been in the same boat I am in and is in it with me now. She is due August 7th and I really want to develop a closer relationship with her and I want our children to be close.

Goal #10: Be a better follow- througher. We all know I can write the shit out of a list but then following that list is about 30-70. I need to be better about following my meal plan, following my cleaning schedule, my to do lists etc.

I think that is all I am going to do for this year. Hopefully I can have the moderate success that I did in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment