Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 7, 2013

the unexpected




I like when unexpected things happen, let me specify I don't like when the furnace unexpectedly goes out, but I do like when something unexpectedly good happens.

Take this weekend for example.

I had a good weekend for the most part and on Saturday I had energy, I wasn't nauseous and wanted to take on the world.

Husband continues to surprise me throughout this pregnancy, with his willingness to help, and is general interest in the baby and me. I had no idea that he would be so involved this early on, I have heard for some men it isn't real until it looks like their partner swallowed a basket ball. Sometimes husband will throw me a curve ball and ask me a question like earlier in the week he out of the blue asked me if I wanted labor recorded and if so how in depth. It's things like this that let me know he is just as excited as I am for bean.

OK back to this weekend. I was ready to take on the world when husband threw yet another curve ball.


He wanted to start the nursery....

I had just planned to do some laundry and clean the kitchen and mop the floors, I guess in my head that is taking on the world now?

We have 6 months and we don't even know what we are having yet.

But he wanted too and I couldn't contain my excitement enough to say no.

So we packed all our Christmas decorations, and the thought that the next time I pulled these out I would have a bouncing baby on my hip made the packing that much sweeter.

We started clearing out the now office, soon nursery, washed carpets and really got down to planning.

Then on Sunday, through a fog of nausea, I chalk it up to over doing it on Saturday, we stopped at a local furniture store to browse for a love seat for the playroom. I found a chair and a half that I liked that had a matching ottoman and I said " I wonder if this comes in a set"? We had already chosen another sofa at another store but we decided to keep perusing. Then there in the back of the store was the matching set for the lovely chair and half that I liked. It was reasonably priced, comfy to sit in and came in the color we wanted. It happened after about 30 min of sitting on the couch and discussion. We bought a whole new living room set and the piece for the play room.

SAY WHAT!?!?!

We came home, beaming because the piece for the nursery is OUR first baby purchase and I couldn't be more excited for it to get here late March/early April.

We had no idea that was going to happen and even though it seems lame that we got that excited about furniture, it was unexpected and made the weekend that much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment