Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Baby bucket list



I wanted to make a baby bucket list, one that much differs from my to do list because this is all fun stuff!

 Spoil husband with some new clothes:
I feel bad that someone that doesn't need more clothes (me) will have to get clothes that I only wear when I am pregnant and postpartum. Husband is in some desperate need of some new duds and he deserves them, he has been there for every thing this pregnancy has thrown at me and he doesn't even bat an eyelash when I am throwing up for the 3rd time in one morning. 

 Have Husband and Wife time every day, no phones, no tv no computer just us:
I want to get in this habit now, because lord knows we are going to need some time to be a couple and not parents to survive.

Get a mani pedi:
The last time I pampered myself with both is right before my wedding and in my opinion that is too long. I may not be able to see the feet and my hands maybe swollen but dang it they will look fab! 


Organize every possible space:
We will be loosing our office which means less storage space. I don't want to just throw everything somewhere I actually want to go thrown every drawer, folder, dark cubby hole that has crap in it and deal with it as needed. Also our closets are in dire need of some organization. I don't want anything out of place. 

Make a quick reference recipe collection:
When I  have a screaming child and need to still need to make dinner, looking through my bazillion recipe books or Pinterest for the one pin I pinned months ago is for the birds. 

Make dog beds in the hope they stop sleeping in our bed:
I can dream can't I? Cooper won't be a problem, I think we can break him of the habit early on, Dot on the other hand.... I will be content if we can get her to not sleep in between us at the head of the bed. If we can get her to sleep at the foot we deserve a medal. 

Make our bedroom a better place to be:
I hate our bedroom, there I said it. Nothing matches, the blinds broke so it is just a curtain between us and the neighbors, there is nothing on the walls, the carpet needs replaced. It is just a whole lotta gross. I want to make this space relaxing and warm and just someplace you want to be. Considering I may be spending a considerable amount of time in this room I want to LOVE it. 

Down size and donate:
This goes hand and hand with organize everything, if it can be donated, donated it shall be. 

Have a Memorial Day cook out:
We have this big house and have only had one party.... shameful. I am not saying I want a party but to start off the summer and the last few weeks of a family of 2 I want to host a cook out for my family. 

Do a belly cast:
Pretty self explanatory. I am not sure where I will display it but I think it is a great way to capture a memory. 

Get a sewing lesson:
I have all these really cute clothes and sewing projects pinned and can't do anything with them. I would like to change that. 


Go to a concert/show/musical:
I just want to be enchanted for the evening! and not to mention husband and I never do anything like this and I think it would be good for him to get out too. 

Find homes for last two pups:
If we could keep them we would, but we just can't. 

Train dogs: no jump, sit, stay and quiet: 
The older dogs know sit and stay and cooper knows quiet, the pups that are staying with us need to be taught in time for baby. 

Get a couples massage:
Husband will need to relax as much as possible too before this little mix of our DNA starts running our lives. 

Go on a baby- moon:
Even if it is just in the nicest hotel in town, I think this baby-moon will be just the ticket for us to breathe and have one last shot of rejuvenation before the birth.

Get on a cleaning schedule:
With 3 adults, dogs and a baby I am pretty sure things can get messy. Pretty sure? I know they can, but if I/We can get in the groove of a schedule it won't seem like such a big deal anymore. 

Have 3 month supply of non perishables: 
This is something I prefer to have on hand anyway and just haven't gotten to it yet. But it will make the transition easier when I don't have to worry about going to the store or remembering to ask someone to pick something up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment