Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 9, 2009

100th Post

100 posts... wow!

Lets reminisce, shall we....
My first blog hit the Internet on December 13th. I got the idea from my bestest, and thought that this would probably be the best way to write about my wedding planning experience.
During said process I found 3, count em' 3 "The one dresses."

The first: The could have been...


Although beautiful, I was scared of it. I was scared of the poof and the glitz and I a smidge of me wished I would have had the balls to wear it. I watched so many bride shows and I wish I would have put my fears aside and let myself love something like this.

The Second: The mistake


This was an epic fail on my part. Still an amazing dress, but still epic fail!


The Third : The one!!!!!!

It was simple, elegant and made me look like a friggin rock star BABY!!!!
I went through many roller coasters in my planning. Ups being, Becoming Martha Stewart and DIYing over half of my wedding, Finally finding the dress, watching the days slowly dwindle down, the day itself was absolutely, positively the best day of my life, IT BEING OVER!!!
Some of the downs.... tradition, the phrase "That's how it's done." , feeling pressured to make others happy, being stretched to thin financially and all the other little things that kept popping up. But the good news is, I lived!!!!!
I also moved my Husband here to Ohio, and we started living together. Still trying to figure some stuff out on this one.... it is going to be an up hill battle for a long time still.
I revamped my blog.... well sort of. I said I wads going to do all these cool things and have yet to do it. I want to get better at my themed blogs I will start as soon as I get my wedding pics and can do those posts like I promised.
I blogged about some of the challenges of married life. Trying to find out who you are after becoming a Mrs. is hard. I am still lost!!!!! Some one give a GARMIN!!!!
I became a grown up and left cover girl behind. I started a love affair with Mary Kay. I love everything that I have gotten from their line and I will never look back.
I wrote about finding inspiration and Clarity and some has been found but still looking for answers.
I gave you glimpse of a new crafty side of myself with my fall decorations. More to come with Christmas right around the corner.
And finally what is to come of my blog. My first Thanksgiving with hubs , A move, School starting up, My first Christmas with hubs, and much, much more. Lot of Pictures too. I want to start taking a picture a day.... ok maybe a week in my case to break up all the font on this page.
Thank you to all of my lovely readers! I know you are out there and I hope you enjoy what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment