Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

He's in the Army NOW

Yesterday was a very hard day for my family. My older brother finally swore in and shipped out to Basic Training, something he has been waiting for since April. That is just when all the paperwork started, he has really been working towards it for years now.

There were a lot of tears, mine were mostly for my sister in law. I am not worried about my brother, he is going to be fine. This is something he has wanted for a very long time and when he puts all of his energy in to something you can't stop him. My sister in law, knew this day was coming but you can try your damnedest to prepare your self for being alone but you still go in to shock when it finally comes. She broke down in the car and asked "what am I supposed to do without him?" She is scared, of being alone, loosing touch and going through her pregnancy with out her husband,She is almost 4 months along now.

I am really lost with the post. I guess that is all I am going to write for now, I mean I am still in disbelief that I said good bye to my brother yesterday and won't see or hear from him until Christmas. Please keep my family in your prayers. We need strength right now.

Have a good Thursday everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just stopped by and read your blog post for today. My husband is in the Army and while he went to boot camp before we met (we actually met two weeks after he got home so he was all skinny and tan ;-)) I know how hard it can be to see someone you love make such an important life decision. I can tell you from our experience though, that the Army is part of the reason why J is such a dedicated, hardworking man, and I wouldn't trade that in for anything. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Hang in there, lady!!

    ReplyDelete