Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A November Dinner and Beyond!

This Saturday is my November Dinner... I know you maybe asking yourselves "Mrs. G, why aren't you just calling it Thanksgiving?" Well, in my family may you be for shamed for having more than one holiday or holiday dinner...

Now, I live in an apartment, about 1025 sq ft. It is fine for Hubs, myself, the pup and the occasional house guest. This dinner is a chance for me to use all my new gadgets, tableware, glassware and my culinary skills. It was supposed to be a small get together with bountiful food and spirits... yeah, small being 4-5 people now it looks more like 9. 9 people! In what now seems like my dinky apartment.

Anywhozer. It is still going to be great and I would like to share whats on the menu with you.

Starters (this is what I told everyone to bring):
Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Shrimp Cocktail

Main course:
Maple glazed Turkey with Sage Butter
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Stuffing
Baked Mac and Cheese
Gravy
Rolls

Dessert:
Caramel Apple pie
Various baked goods

Prep will start on Friday after work and I am so excited.

I am going to take a lot of pictures because this is my first than...er....November dinner. My brother can't come home so I am going to send him a few pictures of the family and hopefully a recordable card of us saying we miss him. I sent him his first letter (from me) today. I jabbed him a little bit because since I can remember the kid doesn't like eggs, and what does the Military serve for breakfast almost everyday? EGGS!!! so I asked him if he liked them yet and if when he comes home for Christmas I can make him eggs so he doesn't get out of the routine of things.

I am gearing up for Christmas Shopping. I am going out on Black Friday this year. That is right folks I am going to fight the crowds for a piece of Holiday saving glory. I have a few things to purchase and then I am going to be done and done. Then I can really focus on getting packed and moving. Which P.s. could be sooner than we thought. Totally pumped! We have had awesome weather which means my WT neighbors have decided to get some fresh air and have screaming matches outside. Ugh! I am so done. I am just waiting for the call telling us we can move in a week early. Fingers crossed!

Lets see what else. Oh! My brother will be home one the 18th of December! Totally excited. I know my sister in law is too. She has been hit a few pretty stressful weeks since he has been gone and I know having her husband around will be just what she needs to relax. Maybe he can make peace with his cat. This cat is going nuts without my brother around, he already didn't like Julie and now he is left to live with her and her 2 cats... he wasn't having it. So what did he do? He has started to pee every where imaginable... except the litter box. And poor sister in law can't clean it up because of the whole bun in the oven situation. Her parents have had to come over and scrub the place from top to bottom with vinegar to get him to stop, but to no avail. It is actually better when she isn't around but I guess he is the devil incarnate when she is home. I mean the little ass Bit her yesterday. Bit her! So she is at a total loss of what to do, we shall see what comes of Tobias in the near future.

I got my candle order last night and my house now sends you in to sensory overload but it is sooooo good.

all right ladies that is all for now. Check back later for pics of this weekend and some recipes for your holiday get togethers!

No comments:

Post a Comment