Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Holiday 2007? Isn't it 2009?

Ok so I am a soda fiend. Some people snort coke... I drink it, in the diet coke variety. My soda money has run low and I scrounged and even borrowed a few cents so I could get my morning jolt of caffeine. While standing in front of the soda machine I felt as if I was really lagging this morning so I decided to go with a good ole' regular coke. I pressed the button and I saw the red holiday can fall and I picked up my chilled beverage and walked to my desk. I place my finger under the tab and hear the comforting sound of the pop and a fizz. I take my first sip and It hits the spot, if it wasn't so cheesy I actually would have said "ahhhhhhhh." With my first sip still happily lingering on my taste buds I lower the can from my lips, and notice something very disconcerting.... the can being a holiday can is not abnormal, but the fact that it says Holiday 2007 is. I blink thinking maybe they mean it was the holiday logo from 2007 and they are doing a throwback... this has to be the answer. Only the bottom of the can will tell for sure... and sure enough it is says best before AUG0408... EW!!!!!! I have expired soda in my mouth. Now, for the sake of my 60 cents I take one little sip and it does taste off, like they put to much syrup in it. I went and told the person in charge of this and they said they would get the vending machine guy here today.... all I can say is that I better get a fresh can of soda. Until then I am sitting here drowsy and thirsty....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is crazy!! I wonder who missed that one when they were switching out the soad machine!

    ReplyDelete