Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Wedding Recap: The Reception

It is time for another wedding recap!!!

After the Ceromony was over and out pictures were finished it was time to eat and be MARRY!!!!

It was time for our first dance and I was ready. Hubs and I didn't prepare anything cute or funny to do because 1. hubs can't dance 2. hubs can't dance and 3 hubs can't dance. So we just decided to wing it. Well our song was kind of long and we both felt really awkward just doing the say thing when Hubs asked me if I wanted to twirl and I said YES and right as he was about to twirl me, disaster almost struck me down. My heel got caught in my bustle, I told him to stop and I shook loose without looking like a total geek and he asked me if I wanted to try again and I really wanted to but my heel kept getting caught. So we looked like dweebs and just rocked back and fourth. Needless to say I almost ripped my dress with this heel situation so I was in flats for the rest of the evening.

The DJ was horrible. I am very specific about my music, some may say I am a music snob, but what it came down to was hubs and I like 2 very different styles in music and we had been together for 5 years so a lot of music we wanted played had sentimental value so to be fair I went through the book the dj sent me and picked from that selection and was advised that if I had anymore songs to go ahead and write them down. Well, a page and a half later hubs and I had everything down. When we met with the DJ I told him that these weren't suggestions and that I wanted these songs played for the reasons stated above. He said he didn't have a problem with it, we also made an agreement that only Matt and myself could request music.

Flash forward to the reception he played probably 5 songs from my list. I was pissed. I kind of still am, well writing about it probably isn't helping matters but anywho.

We had a Quaich circle which pretty cool. It is where you stand in a circle with your family and friends and pass around a quaich which is filled with Scottish whisky and you basically pass it until it is gone and toast the new couple. Some of the faces after people took a drink were hilarious!!!

After that it was time for dancing. Hubs and his mom danced and while they were having a tender moment, she told him "to not drink to much because he had some business to take care of tonight." When hubs told me that I felt like I needed a shower and a Brillo pad.

My dad and I danced to "My brown eyed girl." He would always sing that song to me when I was little and I tell me the story of the night when I was born he asked my doctor "now, you are going to give me a brown eyed girl right?" So we just rocked it out on the dance floor, being silly.

After that we just danced the night away, it was a good end to a perfect day!

Reception_0021
Reception_0030


Reception_0041


Reception_0050


Reception_0086


Reception_0090

Reception_0107

Reception_0126


Reception_0137


Reception_0131
Reception_0133


Reception_0139


Reception_0150 I love my Grandma's face in this picture!


Reception_0153


Reception_0154


Reception_0155




Reception_0164

Reception_0171

Reception_0176

Reception_0177

Reception_0214

Reception_0238

Reception_0280

Reception_0281

Reception_0284

Reception_0304

Reception_0327

Reception_0356

Reception_0357

Reception_0403

Reception_0426

2 comments:

  1. Seeing you draped in table cloth will always be my favorite memory. Well that and the never-ending supply of chicken fingers. Or when Eva rocked out that Bat Mitzfah. Ok, it's now officially hard to choose. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wisky tasted like cedar chips... seriousally, my face says just that.... And that last pic = me air humping you i think... I was VERY happy at that moment... and you looked uncomfortable. Bahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete