Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I had something funny to say...

Ok, so I did have a few funny things to share with all of you and I will, but something happened yesterday that I need to write about because I am fed up with it.

I have written about my brother and his wife on this blog before, My brother is away in the Army (only for 3 more weeks then he is home for good, more on that later) and she is pregnant with their first child and is due on Sunday. I will spare you a walk down memory lane, if you want to know more about it look through the archive, anyway, so fast forward to after the trip to Missouri, something changed with her. She didn't really talk to my mom and I any more, she stopped returning emails, she stopped returning phone calls. We would try to show as much support as possible but we were rebuffed.

My sympathy to their situation had begun to dwindle, I know it is horrible to say that, but you can only use the woes me card for so long.

Then her baby shower happened. We get there and she greets us in a kind of "oh.. hey" kind of way and then didn't say more that 10 words to us the entire time we were there. I was livid. I still am. I am not saying she had to alienate everyone else to talk to us but acting like we existed would have been nice.

At that point I really didn't care anymore, I wasn't going to put anymore effort in to it because I am not going to put myself out there and get nothing in return.

My mom and I will email her, in hopes of getting something back, my mom more frequently than I, but all we want to know is how the baby is doing and most importantly how she is doing, does she need anything. I try to put something funny in there because she doesn't like a lot of attention and being pregnant it is unavoidable, so I make it to be all about her.

Yesterday she had an appointment, so I called and left her a message and asked her to call me.

Nothing.

My brother on the other hand called me and he said that her doctors office messed up the day of her appointment and that she was feeling frustrated. I asked about what and he said "she is just frustrated with all the questions, the voicemail, the emails from people, her family included asking questions about the baby and she doesn't anything new to say." So he thought he would take some of the burden off of her and relay any news....

Hmmm. So basically she will be cutting off all communication with my family. Kind of makes that feeling we had of her wanting nothing to do with us a little more concrete.

My issue is if we didn't ask we would never know.

And for someone who prides herself on being straight forward, I think it is a low blow to have my brother do her dirty work. I would have felt much better if she would have told me to back off or basically what she told my Brother, that she was frustrated. Instead, I really don't want anything to do with her right now. You don't get to treat my family like this. We adore her and would do anything she needed no questions asked. I am not saying her family wouldn't either but their mentality towards her is " well we have been through this before with her sister." Her own mother said that while she trying on wedding dresses, she also made a comment to that same extent, laughing at my mother expense because she is so excited for her first grandchild, saying you can tell it was her first, to which my mom said " I will be just as excited for my 2,3,4,5,6 grandchild, it is a life and a member of our family (p.s. in my head I was all like BURN!!!!!) ."

My mom is heartbroken. This is her first grandchild, and she is so worried that they won't call us when SIL goes in to labor and call us after the fact or not at all. I think it is a legitimate fear.

She is so hurt she is even considering not going down for the birth, she feels like she is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. She is thinking of waiting until Bro gets home from the ARMY to see the baby.

It is just sad, really sad that during with is supposed to be an amazing experience and time for my family it has become the complete opposite.

Just plain sad.

1 comment:

  1. That is sad...it would be so much easier for her to be upfront with people, then beat around the bush and give everybody anxiety about it.

    ReplyDelete