Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 12, 2010

How to loose 10 lbs in 30 min!

On Saturday I had an itch, an itch to do something very drastic.

to cut my hair off.

I had been pondering this for awhile and I didn't see a reason not to. The reason we were late on Friday was because it took me a good 30 min to blow dry my hair, it was looking quite mousy, and it was breaking like mad crazy.

I prepared Hubs for the shock because as he said he wasn't going to take part in such a travesty.... big baby.

I went in to my usual hair place to see my stylist leaving to go to her Bridal shower. hmpf. I don't just let anyone cut my hair. So I was deflated, I was all physced out ready to DO THIS and she was gone. I went in anyway to see if the one other person that I trusted was able to cut my hair. He is always busy and it was totally a last ditch effort and I walked in to see the place deserted and him sitting in his chair waiting. I was so excited. I told him if I didn't do it today I wouldn't do it. He was game for my mane to fall (ha.)

It wasn't as heart breaking as I thought it was going to be, I will say it was a shock to see how much hair was falling to the floor.


Have you ever had someone notice something or point something out about you that you have never seen/noticed/wouldn't notice in a million years? And you always think to yourself "Great, thanks for adding something else to my list of insecurities...."


Chris did it to me this weekend. He decided to keep my hair a little longer than what was in the picture so I could decide after the initial shock wore off if I wanted it shorter. He is almost finished and I hear him say "huh, that's funny." I think what is so funny about the back of my head?


Chris: Your hair grows really weird
Me: I know I kind of have a cow lick
Chris: Yeah, I noticed that but that isn't that I was talking about.
Me: Then what are you talking about?
Chris: Well, lets just say I am glad I didn't take it as short as the picture because you know the duck butt thing we all have at the back of our neck?
Me: Yeah
Chris: Well, yours is way off to the side
Me: Oh, well that's not bad

*Chris continues to cut*

Chris: What the-
Me: What! ( I say it with a hint of terror in my voice because he has buzz clippers in his hands and I have a montage flash before my eyes of a huge chunk of hair on the ground that can't be fixed and the only way to live with it, is if I buzz my whole head)
Chris: You have a whole section of hair that grows up and out. Be REALLY glad we didn't go any shorter.
all I could do is blink at him.

*He is finished and hands me the mirror so he can show me the back*


Chris: Insert styling tips and explanations here- see what I mean about your hair? (lifts up my hair and shows me the janky part of my hair- If you ever go shorter than this it would look like you have a hump!!!!- he laughs

How is that laughable? Having a hump?

I don't think I could pull the whole Quasimodo thing off.


After all was said and done 10 inches of hair was on the floor. I wanted to donate it but not all of my hair was 10 inches :( sad face.



Are you ready to see it?

Are you huh HUH HUH!?!?!?!?!
ok you are.


Here is the before:





And the After:

So what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. is it stacked in the back?! it's gonna take some getting used to but I think it's cute. very different. but not in a bad way. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm all about sleeping in. I bet you can now. lol

    ReplyDelete