Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

This really happend Thursday.

It has been brought to my attention by one of my besties that I was a crazy child, and that I should pray to the Lord that they don't act like me...

I thought Nah, I couldn't have been that bad but I totally was. So I thought I would share some little gems from my child hood.

Enjoy.

The Dark Death
When I was a pipsqueak I loved to be in dark places, I would wonder off and sit in a cabinet or my mom would walk by my room and hear me talking to myself and I would be sitting in my closet with my blankie having a tea party. When I was 4 I started to go to extremes with my love of dark places, I wanted to find new spaces and have adventures in this uncharted territory. In my Grandma's house it wasn't that hard to find what I was looking for, the basement in her house was huge and had tons of nooks and crannies that I could disappear in. One day while visiting, My brother and I were in the basement playing, romping around, you know usually kid stuff. When his ADHD kicked in suddenly he didn't want to play anymore, before I could blink I was standing by myself in the middle of the basement, now any other small child probably would have peeded themselves and started crying for their mommies. Not me, I was bad ass renegade on a mission to find a new hideout. I scored the basement and looked behind old furniture, the water heater closet, a storage area and nothing was completely dark. Getting frustrated, and a little defeated I started to walk back upstairs when I walked past "it". It, was a big white freezer that wasn't being used and EUREKA!!!!! I had found it, a new dark hiding spot just for me. I strutted over to it and pulled with all my might and the door finally became ajar. I climbed my way in and shut the door behind me. It was a AWESOME! It was big enough for me to move around it but small enough that no one else could get in it with me, it was completely dark which was at the top of my requirement list. Feeling this was a victory I got situated and thought about all the cool things I could do in my new hideout. With all of this excitement I had barely noticed that it had gotten quite "close" in my new favorite place. Then I noticed that this closeness was making it kind of hard to breathe so I decided this probably wasn't a good idea. so I pushed on the door, nothing happened, I shoved the door, nothing happened. My little 4 year old brain started to freak the eff out. I started pounding and pounding and as this was happening was I turning myself around and wasn't even sure if it was the door or not. Crying was an understatement for what I was doing, I was down right sobbing and had to sit down because the air was getting sparse so with one last bit of strength I kicked, kicked with everything in me and finally the door swung open. I remember crawling out and gasping for air, I remember running up the stairs in to the living room where my mom and grandma were sitting and the looks on their faces. I mean they had probably been talking about the weather and then were interrupted by a hyperventilating, hysterical 4 year old that can't even put a sentence together. When I finally got it out they didn't really believe me... which is totally understandable, but when they went downstairs and saw the damage to the door they were speechless.
I finally collapsed and probably passed out... I don't know. But this is one of those haunting memories because yes it all happened in seconds but to me being trapped in the dark death it felt like an eternity, and also because when I look back I realize how I almost died and someone is totally looking out for me.
Talk about scared for life.
To this day I am scared of the dark and clostraphobic... who would have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment