Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It is time...

To continue my quest for the healthy life!

The fire has been lit under my to big bottom and can I say that I am happy to feel that heat. When I started this journey I stated that my depression controls (as much as I wish it didn't) a huge part of my life and for the past few months it has been hard to keep my head above water.

But, I have seen the light at the end of the this tunnel and have a breathed the fresh air and I am ready to get back to it.

Something I realized too, in my own personal pit of despair, Do I really need to be a size 10 to be happy? My janky body image thing crept up again and I had it in my head that I had to be the skinnest I have ever been to be happy. The only issue was this is supposed to be about getting healthy right? Not a pant size. So I had to reanalyze my goals and how I am going to go about this.

When I did my confession I talked about my purging and that is another reason why I stopped my Healthy Life because it had become a sham. It was never enough, the work outs were never long enough, I never cut enough calories... it is a dark and twisty sprial. So how does one become healthy when you pine to look like the girls on the runway? The truth is I still don't have an answer for you yet. I am going to try my darnedest though.

Goals to focus on this time around:
1. Getting to a healthy BMI
2. Losing inches
3. Work on toning my muscles

My new goal weight will be anywhere between 150-160lbs. That will get me out of the "OMG you are going to die" BMI range and will get me comfortably on my way to "you are going to live a normal life with out Wilford Brimley saying Diabetus and it pertaining to me" BMI

I am going to invest in a few healthy recipe books, books like Eat, Shrink and Be Merry and Maybe a Volumetrics book. I will see what Half price books has in store for moi.

1 comment: