Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Devil Spawn thy name is Toby

My brother as you know left for the military in November he didn't just leave behind a wife, he left a very pissed off cat as well. Now my SIL is a cat lover through and through but Toby HATES HER!!! He only likes Nick, no one else. With Nick being gone and Spawn being left with someone he hates makes a recipe for disaster. SIL in pregnant and can't touch the cat box without a bio hazard suit on so what does Toby do when he is mad? He pees everywhere... all the time. SIL unable to clean it up was at the mercy of her parents to come over everyday and clean up the mess he had made. She can't just get rid of this cat because it is my brothers, but no will take this devil cat because of the obvious reasons. So, what do I do? I volunteer to take him, consulting with Hubs before hand because he is terrified of cats. I told him it would be just until Bro gets here for Christmas leave but I am not sure he will make it that long.

Here is why:
1. This devil cat has a twisted sense of humor. I will go and sit on the floor of the office and he will come out and rub on every thing and come over to you like "Oh I have missed you and need love." but that is where he gets you. When you actually start to pet him he will growls and hiss at you. It's like wait devil cat... you came over to me... I hissed back at him the other day and freaked him out... he won't come near me now.
2. He hissed at hubs. Which lead to hubs almost pissing his pants. Hubs said that "he has really sharp teeth that can go right threw you." to which I said " He isn't a lion, I mean he doesn't even have his front claws, so if he does swat at you it is like kitten mittens." His response is they are from the same family and all have killer instincts.
3. He has peed somewhere other than his box and I can't find it. I knew this was a possibility but I mean it is day 2 and he is already pulling this stuff. If we still lived at our old place with the crappy carpet it would be totally different but I mean we just moved here and they did give us brand spanking new carpet. I can't have him ruin the carpet the first week we live there and Cat pee lingers.

I told my Brother that I would keep him until he got here and he decided what to do with him. Hubs and I can't afford to have another pet rent fee and deposit. Nor do I want t cat that needs a priest to preform and exorcism on it so we can all live in piece. But, Bro wants him gone before he gets here because he can't say goodbye. I mean I can understand that but this isn't my cat, I mean don't get me wrong I am a lover of most animals but Dogs over cats any day of the week and this behavior just concretes my favor for the tail wagging, barking variety.

SIL and I are researching no kill shelters in the area... but hopefully Toby will get his act together or demon spirits will leave his poor cat soul.

Has anyone dealt with an animal with this severe case of separation anxiety?

No comments:

Post a Comment