Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 28, 2009

3 down and 1 to go.

I still have one more Christmas to go but lets recap on the three I had...
First, I would like to say that I am horrible at taking pictures. I always forget, or only take one or two and call it a day.

Christmas #1:
This was the Christmas with my brother, SIL and my Mom. They came up on the 23rd and my brother and I made country fried steak, my first attempt, and it was alright. I have to learn not to be afraid to season my food. I always got told in school that you can always add but you can't take it back and let me tell you how much I love salt, so I tend to season very little. We all took one bite and everyone in unison asked for the salt. Made us all laugh. We watched movies and played Wii, and I baked cookies for my craving SIL... even as a fetus that baby is spoiled. Then we woke up on Christmas eve and opened gifts and watched more movies, Hubs had to work which was poopey but at least he got off early. I made everyone french toast and then had to run a few more errands before I had to leave to go down to my Dad's house. So, over all it was a lot of fun being with Bro and SIL. I really love my SIL and we have become close with my Brother being away I couldn't ask for a better sister.



This is SIL and her best buddy that night. For some reason Dot would not leave her side and they both just cuddled up and fell right to sleep.
Christmas #2:
This was probably the most laid back Christmas we have ever had. Granted by the time Hubs and I got there they had already cracked open a bottle a wine and were feeling the holiday spirit. My Dad made his famous cheese dip, and I gorged myself on it for the hour or so before we ate. My dad and I are notorious for loving spicy food, flavorful spicy food. But being that we are the only ones his cheese dip is usually on the mild side. I made a comment about it and Dad decided to take some a doctor it up a bit aka make it as humanly hot as possible. It just isn't the same cheese dip if it doesn't make your nose run. Anyway, we had a great dinner and then it was time for presents. All the kids got one box with a bunch of stuff in it. I got Karaoke Revolution for wii, an awesome tye dye scarf, tons of candy, an ornament, slippers, socks, and a photo album. I like to think I made out pretty well.
Then it was back home for hubs and I's first Christmas together.

It was amazing to try to mix our family traditions and make our own. We we both exhausted when we got home but stayed up and played wii until about 1am. I bet our neighbors loved us singing karaoke at 1 am but hey it was Christmas. I watched A Christmas story and then hit the hay. We didn't wake up until about 9 am Christmas morning and we rushed downstairs like little kids to open our presents. I got a new watch, a twilight calendar.... July is a dumb picture but all of August I will be staring to Edward... le sigh, more socks, and finally my big present from my mom was a wii fit plus! I was so excited. This thing is awesome and also distracting. I was supposed to be cleaning and getting dinner ready but instead I was doing rhythmic kung fu. My Grandma and mom were with us for dinner which turned out really well. Then we just kicked back and watched Christmas programming.

our tree on Christmas morning

My mom in her new Christmas PJs chilling with her granddog

The hubs in the brand new robe I got him for Christmas.
We are going to Alabama tomorrow to bring in the new year with his Parents. I can't wait to see everyone again.
Well there you have it folks. Christmas with the Gs.

No comments:

Post a Comment